`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me?....

Is it just me?....
I was a member here from about 2002 until around 2007, and there were so many posts about pick ups, and box breaks, and the thing I liked the most, MAIL DAYS!

Now I'm back, and it seems like there are a lot less people on. Has the economy killed the card collecting world or what?
[Image: h6wRomT.png]

RE: Is it just me?....
This site is not as active as it once was that is for sure. However, it has been a rough year for the hobby no rc's being made and many sets being cancelled because of that. While this site is certainly not as active as it once was even it has been a lot slower the last month or so than usual.

(06-04-2013, 03:16 PM)runfromabear Wrote: This site is not as active as it once was that is for sure. However, it has been a rough year for the hobby no rc's being made and many sets being cancelled because of that. While this site is certainly not as active as it once was even it has been a lot slower the last month or so than usual.
Yes, it reminds me of the nightmare of 2005-06 when people were pouring tons of money into products hoping to pull a Crosby and they'd end up getting about $10 worth of cards out of a $200 box.

I bought a case of Ice and wasn't even close to getting value. It was pretty sad.

the site is slowed down with the lockout and a few other items as well (issues with the site) so we see what happens

hopefully it picks up again as i enjoy this site
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

its going into summer. I have a feeling there could be days without a single post. I'm sure the lockout, the poor customer service, product not meeting expectations....but i've heard more people leave this site because of this site than anything else.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I used to really enjoy logging on to see what people were collecting. I hope it picks up.

It's the site, not the hobby. I haven't posted a mail day in ages. The "10 images" limit in a post made posting mail days a chore. I just gave up.

This site needs to do something to rid itself of the reputation it has. Though, as long as that reputation is accurate, there's little hope of that.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

I must have missed a lot then, because I'm not sure what the reputation is.

(06-04-2013, 09:48 PM)SGC300ier Wrote: I must have missed a lot then, because I'm not sure what the reputation is.
Slow, unreliable, fees (which I don't mind if it works) and just the lack of users trading anymore.

I understand that it is a business but this side of it is on the back burner for sure.

[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr