`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me?....

RE: Is it just me?....
As you can see from my posts (only 10, yet been a member of the "NEW" Beckett site since 2005), I don't come here very often and reply. I used to be on Beckett a ton before 2005. Then they revamped the site, the forums, and a lot of "untrustworthy" people that ruined my trading experiences....and it really discouraged me. I have since gone to other hockey hobby sites where it is more hobby oriented and people are like family.

But I come over here to see what is going on a bit more these days. Seems to be picking up and seems to be a lot better. Smile
--Curt

[Image: Gaborik-Banner-3.gif]

(06-04-2013, 09:14 PM)greg2424 Wrote: It's the site, not the hobby. I haven't posted a mail day in ages. The "10 images" limit in a post made posting mail days a chore. I just gave up.
Dang, looks like I got alot more than 10 photos in my post Smile

Just keep clicking submit and it takes after a few tries
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(06-04-2013, 09:16 PM)wickabee Wrote: This site needs to do something to rid itself of the reputation it has. Though, as long as that reputation is accurate, there's little hope of that.
Just to add a little more info. to your post.

As a long time visitor to this site.

When they had all the problems before and after the site change. They lost a lot of users due to down time.

And I also think the rule of ( what is it 100 ? ) cards in ORG If you do not pay like $20 a year ? $20 isn't a lot when you break it down.... BUT...... people spend alot of money on the hobby and I guess $2 a month to have ALL of ones cards avail. to trade is going to break the bank... ( Sorry I don't sugar coat anything ).... But as I see It....... IF $2 a month is going to break you. Then you don't really need to be spending money on the hobby anyways. ALSO...... With a lot of other sites around it kind of waters down the places one goes now a days.... People don't spend a whole heck of a lot of time on the computer and for that they usually keep to only ONE site.
(06-07-2013, 10:50 AM)floydtown Wrote: Dang, looks like I got alot more than 10 photos in my post Smile

Just keep clicking submit and it takes after a few tries
Floydtown is correct. IF you look at my Jerry Rice PC thread. You will see it is a PRIME example of you CAN list more than 10 in a post Big Grin
And even though I have to admit the site has gotten a bit faster...... STILL not what It used to be for being fast... Taking forever to post a thread kind of turns one off to the site also....

I am aware that you can add more than 10 pics if you persist. My point was, back at the time they came up with this arbitrary limit, getting more than 10 pics added was a chore and not always possible. It got to the point that many of us just stopped bothering to try. I have a running thread on three other sites where I update one of my PCs on a regular basis (approx 90 cards now). I don't bother to do that here. I shouldn't have to "persist" in order to post a thread.

I am not much of a trader, but I do enjoy visiting the site to get box break previews of new products, and generally see breaks, trades, and new mail. Listings are way down though, I don't visit "the other" sites at all, but business here has slowed a lot.

(06-09-2013, 06:52 PM)greg2424 Wrote: I am aware that you can add more than 10 pics if you persist. My point was, back at the time they came up with this arbitrary limit, getting more than 10 pics added was a chore and not always possible. It got to the point that many of us just stopped bothering to try. I have a running thread on three other sites where I update one of my PCs on a regular basis (approx 90 cards now). I don't bother to do that here. I shouldn't have to "persist" in order to post a thread.
it is a shame but when switch from beta back and the limit hurt the posts.... even thou i still used to post. i just haven't picked up anything as I am trying to save money.
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

It's a task just to do anything anymore. Granted it's like that on other sites too, but the difference is we're paying for it, other sites are not. And, 2 dollars only gets you the org. Sure its nice to be able to trade, but without having an OPG, whats the point. so really its just a throw away 20 dollars. I think thats the point. you still have to spend money on the OPG.

And i couldn't help but see the massive push to get subscribers as of late. The promises of things getting fixed, the constant downtime due to maintenance..... I cant help but feel negative about all of this. What will beckett do to help change that stigma? Probably nothing, and thats the problem there too. I guess i should just lie to people and say this is the best site ever and its the cat's pajama's so i can get people here to trade with, but than i feel like a jerk for tricking people into buying something it's not. which i guess is what i do, so really, where does it stop? Man, I guess if beckett just sent me a bunch of free stuff, i'd feel a lot better. of course, i'll still hold out for a date with yanxchick, but with the lack of response of my 400 some emails, letters, chocolates, video cards, event tickets, jewelry, silk pajamas, flowers, edible arrangements, gas cards, restaurant gift cards, rare sports cards, home made love notes, gift baskets from bath and body works...i think i might be getting a little stalkerish.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

I enjoy it here. The only problem I have is the page load time once in a while.

If all you guys are complaining about the site then why bother logging in? Go elsewhere.

This is the only card site I visit because of the ease of use with Organize and the OPG being right there with it. I have no need for other sites. Granted, I'm not a hardcore card guy like a lot of you. I trade casually when I feel like it and get most of my cards from COMC or the bay since it's a lot easier than trading for me due to my lack of high end, desirable cards.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

(06-10-2013, 05:47 PM)onoxxxregretso Wrote: If all you guys are complaining about the site then why bother logging in? Go elsewhere.
Because we're paying for this site, we're paying for promises they do not give us. However, The reason i'm still paying for this site is because it still is the best for what it is. It could be a lot better, and i only started complaining again because that new guy came on here and asked how to make the site better.

How does somebody know something is broken if nobody is complaining about?
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

(06-10-2013, 05:47 PM)onoxxxregretso Wrote: I enjoy it here. The only problem I have is the page load time once in a while.

If all you guys are complaining about the site then why bother logging in? Go elsewhere.

This is the only card site I visit because of the ease of use with Organize and the OPG being right there with it. I have no need for other sites. Granted, I'm not a hardcore card guy like a lot of you. I trade casually when I feel like it and get most of my cards from COMC or the bay since it's a lot easier than trading for me due to my lack of high end, desirable cards.
Because If you PAY for something you expect It to work............
I'm not complaining per say. I was just explaining a few of the reason the traffic has gone down.

And as a member saying what u did shows no respect IMHO.
( If all you guys are complaining about the site then why bother logging in? Go elsewhere. )
I have had a all access sub. going on what 4 years now. I spend $279 a year. I expect the site to work.
(06-09-2013, 07:26 PM)Optimus_Prime Wrote: i'll still hold out for a date with yanxchick, but with the lack of response of my 400 some emails, letters, chocolates, video cards, event tickets, jewelry, silk pajamas, flowers, edible arrangements, gas cards, restaurant gift cards, rare sports cards, home made love notes, gift baskets from bath and body works...i think i might be getting a little stalkerish.
You think ?

Just joking with you man.

But. Everything we are saying has been said before... I try to keep up the faith that ONE day this site will be like it was years ago............

BUT......... That hope is slowly losing it...