`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Recent Pickups (1/1 Klay included) and display setup update

RE: Recent Pickups (1/1 Klay included) and display setup update
(05-14-2013, 07:36 AM)Rabie1 Wrote: hmm the feedback i am getting from everyone around different forums is that i need to keep my autos in a dark box or drawer... which is kind of killing the whole point for collecting for me really.. with the one touch UV cases and new dark curtains do u really think the autos will still fade?
I believe that the UV protected one-touches will definitely help prevent your auto's from fading, but, in my opinion, they won't offer 100% protection. I've never had a problem with fading because I've always kept my collections boxed, but I certainly wouldn't want to take a chance with such high-end cards. I guess you could say that I'm somewhat paranoid, but I'd definitely rather be safe than sorry, you know? LoL. I can definitely understand your interest in displaying such a great PC though. One option would be to install a high-grade, UV-protected plexiglass sheet underneath the existing piece in your coffee table, and then transfer all of your highest-end cards into that. I'm assuming that you'd like to keep your nicest pieces on display as they are, but I would imagine that doubling up on the UV protection would help plenty.

I've just started to chase some of the players from the "11-13" rookie class and it appears that we share some of the same interests. Although, I have been investing in Kemba Walker lately. I was able to acquire his Select Gold Prizm Auto /10 the other day and I'm pretty happy with it. I'd LOVE to add about 98% of your pictured cards to my new PC though. LoL. "The high end shelf" is AMAZING. Very, VERY nice work so far. If you happen to have any duplicate auto's and/or super-short-printed parallels of Beal, Thompson or Faried for sale, I would most likely be happy to take them off of your hands. I'm also trying to seek out more low-numbered Kemba Walker cards.

-Brad

Photobucket: http://s1198.beta.photobucket.com/user/S...0Westbrook
Primary PC: Russell Westbrook
Secondary PC: Kemba Walker, Klay Thompson, Bradley Beal, Kenneth Faried, Harrison Barnes
LTB: BGS 9.5, PSA 10 & Highly Grade-Able Raw
RC AU, AU/GU and/or SSP ONLY

RE: Recent Pickups (1/1 Klay included) and display setup update
Man, I've seen that 1/1 hit the bay several times. Glad you got it!
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]