`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insurance

Insurance
Does anyone have a separate insurance policy for their collection? I would prefer a policy that I don't have to itemize because I add to it so frequently.

RE: Insurance
There is a July 4th comic book show here every year and there is an insurance company that is always there represented at a booth. They advertise that their policy is specifically for collectibles and it's not required to have itemized lists or appraisals for items worth less than a certain dollar figure (I'm remembering around $1000+, or something like that) .... My buddy runs the show, I'll try and get the phone number from him when I see him next! I never bought it ... Think I will this year. I've been lucky with hurricanes down here in Florida, but after any given period of time, good luck will eventually run out. It would suck to have all my cardboard get all soggy. I remember the coverage was fairly reasonable, too. No excuse for not getting it!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Here is some info
http://www.cardboardconnection.com/how-t...collection
They list some companies that do this..do not know if you need to update the list or just prove that that collection is worth X $$
I need to look in to this as well as my collection is getting worth more over time

(05-21-2013, 07:02 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: There is a July 4th comic book show here every year and there is an insurance company that is always there represented at a booth. They advertise that their policy is specifically for collectibles and it's not required to have itemized lists or appraisals for items worth less than a certain dollar figure (I'm remembering around $1000+, or something like that) .... My buddy runs the show, I'll try and get the phone number from him when I see him next! I never bought it ... Think I will this year. I've been lucky with hurricanes down here in Florida, but after any given period of time, good luck will eventually run out. It would suck to have all my cardboard get all soggy. I remember the coverage was fairly reasonable, too. No excuse for not getting it!
I think this is probably CIS and I have seen them around before to. They always seemed a little sketch and I would love to find someone that has had a claim with them before as I am unsure how high their burden of proof is.

A note for most collectors, most home owners insurance policies probably are not going to cover you the way you believe they are. Before becoming a software consultant I worked as a fraud investigator for an insurance claims department for 10 years. If your collection starts to get into the $20k+ range, you may want to consider adding a rider to your policy. The only problem is that most home owners companies what an appraiser and itemization and that is a pain.

GOOD question!
I have been wanting to check into this for a while now. Especially now that my collection has moved past the $28K level according to Beckett (+ adding in my rare cards that don't have a listed BV). I have thought about purchasing insurance for my collection, but just haven't taken the time to research it further.