`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
the "bay" opinion

the "bay" opinion
Ok i wanna vent just a tad and ask opinions all in one post. 95% of the time im REALLY laid back,relaxed and calm about anything.. but this little thing is bothering me on ebay and its called.. SENDING CARDS IN A PLASTIC HOLDER WITHOUT A PENNY SLEEVE. i absolutely HATE spending money on a card and they cant put it in a PENNY sleeve. i just recieved a kuechly auto(low end) in just the case and no "protection".. my question is... should i shrug it off? i see no "visual" damage... or should i be a jerk? This isnt the only card ive recieved like this.. but an auto card has pushed me over lol. what would you do?
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

RE: the "bay" opinion
I actually received a Nick Foles like that recently. I was a JERK about it. Seller ended up giving me half my money back. Because well, the surface was scratched.

If there is no damage, just message them a friendly reminder on why a penny sleeve is important.
Eddie George Super Collector

I leave appropriate feedback stating description received, how fast they shipped and anything they did wrong.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

I had one come in like that recently! I hate it! Luckily there was no damage.
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

There is no excuse for not placing a card in a penny sleeve imo. I would send the seller a message explaining the importance of a penny sleeve and to recommend using them at all times. Other than that not sure what else you can do.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

i can do you one better...received a card yesterday that was in a top loader, but no penny sleeve...just thrown in an envelope that was like 12x18. the mail deliverer shoved it into the mailbox by bending the envelope in three...that's how huge it was. luckily the mail deliverer didn't bend it right on the card.

i haven't left feedback for the seller, but i did message him to tell him (plus he charged almost $6 for shipping).

They took a gamble and saved a penny it paid off for them. If the card came damaged they would rightfully deserve a negative. However it didn't so they shouldn't. I would send them a note saying they should consider using penny sleeves because it will improve their odds of delivering undamaged goods.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

If the card showed up in good shape I would leave the appropriate feed back and in the message part say did not send in penny sleeve. If the seller did not send the card as stated in the description of the auction then I would then leave a lower feedback score for the transaction.