`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
It's time, leaving the hobby

RE: It's time, leaving the hobby
Good luck Walt, hope you can get some good renovations done and a good vacation.

Scott
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

You'll be back...and you'd damn well better hurry, too!
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(04-11-2013, 01:41 PM)rayeates Wrote: I am awestruck right now, Walt! This is straight out of left field and something that I did not expect! My favorite trading buddy in the States... man...

I wholly respect your decision and know exactly why you are doing it. I am very relieved to know that you will still be a part of this Community, as you are integral to many traders here (me especially!) on the Hockey Boards. If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best wishes to you and your boys, my good man!

Randi
I thought I was your favorite trading partner in the States!!! Now who's hurt!?!

Good luck Walt, please come back any time. Take care, RJ

Thanks for all the comments guys. You don't have to worry. I will never leave completely, as still will throw my 2 cents in. You never know, someday I might pick the hobby back up but I do not see that happening for awhile. Thanks again for all the comments. Beckett is a great community to be a part of and to have made such good friends with.
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

(04-11-2013, 07:24 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I thought I was your favorite trading partner in the States!!! Now who's hurt!?!

Good luck Walt, please come back any time. Take care, RJ
NO! This is twice now that I have been pooped on in this thread! Walt... you will have to take a back seat here! You guys need to stop with the whining and just deal wi... Hehe!

Just kidding! I am very glad to see that you are not going to be dropping the site, Walt! Best wishes, my good friend!

Randi

Best of luck to you, Walt! It's a bit of a surprise, for sure, but I understand as I have had similar thoughts myself. Stay in touch with us here on the boards!
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

I say don't leave. Just stop buying packs of new stuff and collect vintage. Vintage is money in the bank.
I collect Graded Hall Of Famer Rookie Cards.
Just say no to sticker autographs.

I understand the feeling.. been through it myself. Hopefully you don't move pieces you'll regret later. Although, a nice purge certainly feels good... you won't miss it as much as you might think
[Image: finlandbanner.jpg]
Bucket - http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/phildonu37/ (I don't update my bucket when stuff is gone)

#HughforRandisfavoriteUStrader

Just saying!
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

Always a bit of a revolving door for collectors, no one every leaves for good lol. I am sure you will be back.

I have been unhappy with collecting for a while and have since started rebuilding my childhood OPC collection from 1978-1989 and finishing off my OPC sticker books from 1981-89. I am having a blast doing it. I have traded and sold most of my new cards especially GU and auto's to help finance it. The only current box and pack I am buying is OPC as well, sticking with that for me. Its fun and its cheaper plus itsa nice to be back interested in base cards and actually chasing stuff down and reading and enjoying every card.

I think card collecting has gotten to be such big business that people really need to focus and have set collecting goals. Without this it is expensive and not very much much fun as a collector. Pack and box busters are different as they are all driving by reward of the big hit, thats not what collecting is about for me or my son. We have really started collecting what we like and we are loving it.

Take
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.