`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED EBAY ADVICE!!! Selling high end...SOMEONE HELP!!!

RE: NEED EBAY ADVICE!!! Selling high end...SOMEONE HELP!!!
(03-31-2013, 12:56 PM)patrick54 Wrote: I sell alot of high end on ebay and in my opinion you should cancel their bids especially the one with feedback saying they don't pay. If you know the card only sells for 500 give or take then you know they won't pay. Cancel their bids and block them. I know some may not agree with me on this but after this happens over and over again you'll see that this is your only option until ebay finally takes action against the people ruining these auctions. Good luck with your card, these are the type of people that have made me stop listing auction style and sell with buy it now and pay immediately. If you decide to let the card run its course with these bidders please let us know if they pay. In my experience with selling high end if they don't pay right after the auction they more than likely won't pay at all. Again, good luck with your card.
The the same two newbie bidders have gone at it again and I am about to cancel the one with the feedback "non-paying" comment.
The card is at $450-$500 card and the listing is at almost $2000.

The other newbie bidder has reputable feedback from a purchase just yesterday for $300 and no comment like the other. BUT the worst part is I have gone from 40 watchers to 30.....I am a little frustrated with that.

(03-31-2013, 07:48 PM)dntuwsh Wrote: The the same two newbie bidders have gone at it again and I am about to cancel the one with the feedback "non-paying" comment.

The other newbie bidder has reputable feedback from a purchase just yesterday for $300 and no comment like the other. BUT the worst part is I have gone from 40 watchers to 30.....I am a little frustrated with that.
You cant go by watchers though. Sometimes people just want to see where the card ends. Ive had some auctions before with like 30-40 ppl watching and only 1 or two actually bid.

(03-31-2013, 08:29 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: You cant go by watchers though. Sometimes people just want to see where the card ends. Ive had some auctions before with like 30-40 ppl watching and only 1 or two actually bid.
Ya..>I agree. I've had 100s of watchers even, and only 2 bidders. Some just watch to see what price will end at, to price their own, or just even to watch.
Collect Michael Jordan, Stockton/Malone/Hornacek/Eaton, Kresimir Cosic, Int'l oddballs
I specialize in hard to find oddities for player/team collectors
eBay Geonut (100+ auctions)
Int'l/player INVENTORY: http://www.hobbydisplay.com/geonut/

i would have contacted the bidders to make sure of their intentions. if you didn't hear back from them before the last 25 hours of the auction, cancel their bids and explain to them why. then block them.

you're not alone, i'm also having the same problems with my auctions. had one that should have sold only for $100 at best, but ended up at $300. not paid for yet, and that was about 5 days ago. bidder had -0- feedback.

(03-31-2013, 07:48 PM)dntuwsh Wrote: The the same two newbie bidders have gone at it again and I am about to cancel the one with the feedback "non-paying" comment.

I was recently a victim of fraud on ebay with a counterfeit check that cleared the bank but come back counterfeit 2 weeks later, this buyer had feedback for a 10k purchase and I believe a lot of these guys are manipulating their feedback with multiple accounts. Ebay has let the fraud continue with people having multiple accounts and jacking up their feedback rating with false purchases. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the same person bidding the price up with 2 accounts. Last year I sold my PMG blue Jordan and cancelled buyers with low feedback and 0 feedback and still got stiffed in the end by a buyer with feedback like you're talking about. If the card you have listed is really rare and never shows up the one buyer could be legit but the one that doesn't pay is just out to ruin your auction. The bad check back in January has almost ruined me from selling on ebay. I just ignore emails for selling outside of ebay or sending checks and money orders only. Remember buyers can only receive positive feedback now and any positive negatives will be removed by ebay if the person contacts ebay about the feedback. Feedback is worthless on ebay with the no negs for buyers policy.

These same 0 feedback bidders are also sniping auctions at the end and when they do this there is nothing you can do. With all of the shill bidding people get accused of these days sending a second chance offer is worthless because that is the 1st thing the 2nd highest bidder thinks.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]