`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEED EBAY ADVICE!!! Selling high end...SOMEONE HELP!!!

NEED EBAY ADVICE!!! Selling high end...SOMEONE HELP!!!
OK, I just recently put a couple of nice cards up for auction on ebay and have had two bidders competing that both started their ebay membership less than a month ago.

They have gotten into a bidding war on one of my auctions and have gotten the price SOOOOO HIGH that it will definately scare other legit bidders away.

I am not sure of the reasoning behind getting a new ebay account and bidding on auctions you don't expect to pay for. Someone please tell me if you know.

One bidder has 4 total feedback and the most expensive item that was bid on for around $20, was not paid for according to the feedback comment.

The other bidder has one feedback after buying a $3 card and now is bidding $1300+ on an auction that I expected less than $500 on.

Again both of these members' memberships on ebay began just this month.

The auctions have a little less than two days left ....SHOULD I JUST CANCEL THE BIDS, or DO I WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS??? I think I know better, but can't understand the reason people bid like this and don't pay.

RE: NEED EBAY ADVICE!!! Selling high end...SOMEONE HELP!!!
Call ebay and let them know. They may let u re list it without fees...then contact the bidders and question their actions. What's the worst that can happen?

Let us know either way...

I'd give them the benefit of the doubt just in case. I mean if they dont pay then just file a non paying bidder claim and they wont charge you the final fee and will also dock the buyer as a non paying bidder. I think theres some way you can list so people with non paying bids cant actually bid on it.

Yeah, it is just the card is selling for three times the last ebay sale did, and I am on the fence about it.

FYI - Please don't ask for the auction number, I am trying to stay within the rules of this forum

Let it ride. If they dont pay, you dont have to pay the fees. You dont need to even contact them, they just do it. Make sure your settings are set to open an unpaid case claim automatically after so many days. Unless you really need cash and cant afford to wait and see, then Id cancel. Hope thats not the case so you can try for the big bucks!
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(03-31-2013, 08:49 AM)quavis Wrote: Let it ride. If they dont pay, you dont have to pay the fees. You dont need to even contact them, they just do it. Make sure your settings are set to open an unpaid case claim automatically after so many days. Unless you really need cash and cant afford to wait and see, then Id cancel. Hope thats not the case so you can try for the big bucks.
I agree with Quavis. If you can wait then see what happens. Best case scenario you get paid. Worse case, you have to relist. The only thing you lose is time. If these guys don't pay up, then I would just mention in the description that you require buyers with xx amount of feedbacks to put bids on your items when you relist.

eBay is weird. No way around it. One day a card sells for $20 and the next day $100. It all depends who is looking, how you listed the card (how people found it in a search) and do people have cash at the time you're selling the card. Listing time also makes a difference. Listing football cards to sell on Sunday or Monday night is a bad idea. Guys are watching football, not searching eBay for cards. (in general) Also the time of day matters. 2 AM is a bad time to have a card end, or 11 AM when most people are at work.

All these things contribute to the price a card sells for. The other card you saw sell may have been listed differently in one of these categories than yours and that is why the sale was lower. Or maybe these two guys missed the last one and they don't want to miss this one.

I say let it ride. If they don't pay, your just out your time.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

(03-31-2013, 11:26 AM)briankort Wrote: eBay is weird. No way around it. One day a card sells for $20 and the next day $100. It all depends who is looking, how you listed the card (how people found it in a search) and do people have cash at the time you're selling the card. Listing time also makes a difference. Listing football cards to sell on Sunday or Monday night is a bad idea. Guys are watching football, not searching eBay for cards. (in general) Also the time of day matters. 2 AM is a bad time to have a card end, or 11 AM when most people are at work.

All these things contribute to the price a card sells for. The other card you saw sell may have been listed differently in one of these categories than yours and that is why the sale was lower. Or maybe these two guys missed the last one and they don't want to miss this one.

I say let it ride. If they don't pay, your just out your time.
+1 this could not be any more accurate.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

I sell alot of high end on ebay and in my opinion you should cancel their bids especially the one with feedback saying they don't pay. If you know the card only sells for 500 give or take then you know they won't pay. Cancel their bids and block them. I know some may not agree with me on this but after this happens over and over again you'll see that this is your only option until ebay finally takes action against the people ruining these auctions. Good luck with your card, these are the type of people that have made me stop listing auction style and sell with buy it now and pay immediately. If you decide to let the card run its course with these bidders please let us know if they pay. In my experience with selling high end if they don't pay right after the auction they more than likely won't pay at all. Again, good luck with your card.
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

I'd let it run and not send until you recieve the full amount reached at close of bid. If they don't pay, lodge a non-payment complaint against them. You don't miss out on anything this way and the card is still in your possession.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.