`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why such different prices on these?

Why such different prices on these?
I found my dad collection of cards a bunch of rookies of Ken Griffey Jr and Derek Jeter, i have been looking the Derek Jeters ones and there is big difference in prices when it comes to the draft cards. I am wondering why and if these ones I have should be graded? I have about 4 of each also.

[Image: IMG_9107_zps9a4cecc4.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9108_zpsd5e63497.jpg]

RE: Why such different prices on these?
Its all about brand. Print runs were so high back then on cards that it really brought down the value of those key guys like Jeter and Griffey. Its a big gamble having those 2 cards graded. They arent overly valuable Jeter cards and odds are they aren't going to be graded Gem Mint 9.5 or Pristine 10 even though they look like they might be flawless from the scans. If it was his Upper Deck SP Rookie then I would consider having it graded. And those aren't (Draft Pick) Jeter cards even though it says draft pick on the card. Anything earlier 1992 and earlier for Jeter is his "draft pick" card. Everything from 1993 is his rookie card. But back then it was way different with the whole rookie card classification. There were minor league issued cards which were when players were in the minors and then there were the MLB issued cards which feature actual rookie cards.

RE: Why such different prices on these?
(03-28-2013, 08:55 PM)joba the clark Wrote: Its all about brand. Print runs were so high back then on cards that it really brought down the value of those key guys like Jeter and Griffey. Its a big gamble having those 2 cards graded. They arent overly valuable Jeter cards and odds are they aren't going to be graded Gem Mint 9.5 or Pristine 10 even though they look like they might be flawless from the scans. If it was his Upper Deck SP Rookie then I would consider having it graded. And those aren't (Draft Pick) Jeter cards even though it says draft pick on the card. Anything earlier 1992 and earlier for Jeter is his "draft pick" card. Everything from 1993 is his rookie card. But back then it was way different with the whole rookie card classification. There were minor league issued cards which were when players were in the minors and then there were the MLB issued cards which feature actual rookie cards.
ok thanks for the info!