`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box...

RE: First Hobby Box ever and I pulled...
(03-11-2013, 04:30 PM)KSUmarlow04 Wrote: Thank you. I have had tons of offers but the problem is, everyone is telling me something different as to how much it is worth. How am I suppose to know when there is nothing to compare it to?

I see you are a Braves fan? I am a huge Braves fan and a collector of memorabilia and autographs. Just got home from 10 days at spring training actually. I was in Orlando when I pulled the card!

To quote Qubert !#!@... Congrats on the Card, where in Orlando did you purchase the box from?
Collecting any and everything LOST 112/138 (81%) LOST autographed cards and 33/95 (35%) LOST Memorabilia Cards.

(03-11-2013, 09:37 PM)jcanavas Wrote: WOW! Just WOW. Congrats you lucky bastard.
You mean, lucky bi*tch? I'm a girl...Smile
(03-12-2013, 09:36 AM)mcflysportscards Wrote: To quote Qubert !#!@... Congrats on the Card, where in Orlando did you purchase the box from?
Box was purchased on ebay. Took it to Orlando with me.

(03-12-2013, 09:44 AM)KSUmarlow04 Wrote: You mean, lucky bi*tch? I'm a girl...Smile

Box was purchased on ebay. Took it to Orlando with me.
Wow!

I can't imagine being the person that sold a relatively inexpensive box of cards to someone via Ebay only to find out this card was inside.

There is no doubt that I would have a mental breakdown.
[Image: i41wt3.jpg]

Looking for Bryce Harper, Profar, Elvis Andrus, Nolan Ryan, Early Wynn and other Rangers.

Looking for Brock Osweiler and Wes Welker.

(03-12-2013, 07:11 AM)yeezplate Wrote: Wow. Congrats!

The best pull I've seen since I started back to collecting. I don't think your thread title does it justice (there should be 3-4+ pages of responses).

Based on what I've seen on Ebay, modern pulls of this type have brought from $10-13k (as djohn said), but you need to do a little marketing. I'd email your pull to Topps so they can post a story on their twitter and facebook account. You also might want to email the Beckett staff and see if you can get some pub similar to what the poor guy who pulled the Andrew Luck 1/1. This is a pretty big story that deserves attention.

Good luck with the sale!
I changed the title, hopefully this will get some attention! Thanks

RE: Biggest pull of a lifetime, and it was my first box...
Incredible. Congrats. I sent you a PM about. LMK what you think.
Kepler

(03-12-2013, 09:28 AM)Ziveus101 Wrote: Congrats on the great hit and welcome to the boards.
That sig is the coolest thing I have ever seen, LOL!

Um, "clean up on aisle 3" please............I was just in Las Vegas on the weekend and drooled over the 2 Babe Ruth items they had in the Field of Dreams store. One was an autographed, dated babeball and the other was a cut auto in a display frame. I have always dreamed of owning a Babe Ruth autograph so I am quite envious. I congratulate you on a truly once in a lifetime pull. Personally I would keep it and pass it down through the family with stipulations of never selling it. Whatever you end up doing with it, just be happy with that decision. My oh my.........

To quote Moe from The Simpsons....Good God!

Congrats!

Wow! I am speechless! That is a once in a lifetime superpull!
Congrats
Collecting Vintage football and all things Mickey Mantle.
[Image: th_598ff54f.jpg]

I see you went to Deadspin with your correspondence with Ziegler.