`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best box to buy??

best box to buy??
hi guys i have been away from collecting for about 15 years. recently bought a jumbo hobby box of topps2013 series 1 and enjoyed it so much that i bought the same box from 2011. i want to buy another box in the next few months... what should i get? anything from the last 10 years or so, looking to spend around same price as i did on the topps. any year/brand particularly nice, what have you had luck with?

RE: best box to buy??
2008 topps heritage was real good! Got my first Real pull out of it!
Always looking for Ken Griffey Jr, and Randy Johnson Rookies. Check my org for trades!

[Image: 9kx9BTZ.png]

Do not trade with: SFssft1911

Depends on what you are looking for. I think base Topps is some of the most fun opening if you like basic inserts, since they are pretty much one per pack, and even more in jumbos. The jumbo boxes are nice since you have guaranteed autograph and memorabilia hits per box and you get lots of the inserts.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Bowman is always a go-to product for me. But, earlier years can get expensive as the prospects become stars (just search eBay for unopened boxes of 2009 Bowman Draft with potential Trout autos and you'll see what I mean).

Topps Archives was a lot of fun last year with the four different past designs. Two on card autos per box, plus the price point isn't too extreme. 2013 looks to be just as good.
[Image: indians_zps82881612.jpg]

- Jason Kipnis super collector
- Cleveland Indians Autos/Relics/Inserts/Parallels and Base Sets
- Superstar and HOF autos/relics

Gypsy Queen, four hits, two of them autos.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

2012 Bowman Jumbo, 2012 Bowman Draft Jumbo, or 2011 Bowman Jumbo. You get 3 chrome autographs out of those Jumbo boxes and you usually at least pull what you pay for......usually!!!

(03-08-2013, 11:53 AM)jbilodeau33 Wrote: hi guys i have been away from collecting for about 15 years. recently bought a jumbo hobby box of topps2013 series 1 and enjoyed it so much that i bought the same box from 2011. i want to buy another box in the next few months... what should i get? anything from the last 10 years or so, looking to spend around same price as i did on the topps. any year/brand particularly nice, what have you had luck with?
It all depends ... Quantity or Quality? What are you looking for?
If you like the Topps 2013 Series one so much, I'd just pre-order a jumbo hobby of Series 2 and stick with that product ... It should be out by June. During the time from now until then, I'd pick up another 2013 Series 1, or 2012 Topps Series 1,2 & update.
My favorite was 2011 topps series 1,2 & update. If you can p/u a 2011 update Jumbo, you get a chance of pulling a Trout Rookie, too.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Like everyone has stated before me it depends what you are looking for:

Sets: Topps 1&2, Heritage, Gypsy Queen, Allen and Ginter
Prospects: Bowman
One or Two players: Better off buying singles
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I've had the most fun opening 2012 topps chrome, allen & ginter (not for everyone though) and gypsy queen (see allen & ginter). Had the best hits with football lol
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]