`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Alex smith To the Chiefs

RE: OT: Alex smith To the Chiefs
I'm pretty happy about the move myself, I think he fits Reid's offense well. For everyone saying the Chiefs have a bad oline sorry but your wrong, RT Eric Winston is highly rated and RG Asomoah is average if nit above average. Center was an issue last year only because our starter got hurt early on and our LG moved to center where he had never played in the nfl. With our LG moving to center it forced us to play a rookie there who play ok but not great, he did show a ton of improvement by seasons end. Brandon Albert our LT is very highly rated and allowed only 1 sack all season, he missed 2 games due to injury which forced us to play a second rookie on the left side for those two games. Our LG retired and Albert is a free agent but from what I've read they are working on a new deal for him. Most of the sacks our OL gave up last year wasn't because they were horrible it was because our QBs didn't know how to get rid of the ball. Our QBs held the ball way to long and when most would throw it away Cassel and Quinn would take sacks. I honestly think when everyone is healthy KC has one of the better ( top 5-10 ) OL in the league. Our coaching was just horrible last year in every standpoint of the game which is I think another factor, play calling was in my mind a big reason why we gave up sacks as well, everyone in the stadium knew what we were going to do and I don't care how good your OL is if everyone knows what's coming they can stop it. I look forward to the coming year and seeing what all the Chiefs changes will look like on the field.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Yeah, alex haters-they loved him when he was winning-especially last year, but hate him cause it's San Fran, and please, nobody is ever going to replace Montana-get over it Niners fans. As for Kaep, I love Kaep--that should be enough for his stock to drop considerably. Geeze, I remember back to Grback, Bono, and (omg) Druckenmiller--all hyped to be the next ___.

Alex is good--probably better than any of the free agent qb's right now. Is he great? Probably not, but neither is Flacco, Eli (arguably, yes...),Dilfer, Johnson and a few others to make Super Bowl history.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

Unfortunately for the Chiefs: Belicheck didn't come over with Cassel, and Harbaugh isn't coming with Smith. Maybe he'll thrive in Andy Reid's system because he has shown he can be an accurate QB, but this move has way more to do with Geno Smith and Matt Barkley not being ready for prime time (at least in the eyes of the Chiefs) than it does with Alex Smith being the answer at QB. I think it was good for him to get out of SF, and I hope he does well. At least people in KC won't be comparing him to Steve Young or Joe Montana.
(02-27-2013, 07:44 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Alex is good--probably better than any of the free agent qb's right now. Is he great? Probably not, but neither is Flacco, Eli (arguably, yes...),Dilfer, Johnson and a few others to make Super Bowl history.
And those are just the winners. Neil O'Donnell, Stan Humphries, Rich Gannon, and Rex Grossman all got their teams there.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

He's walking in the footsteps of Steve DeBerg (by way of Denver and Tampa Bay), Joe Montana, Steve Bono, and Elvis Grbac. That'd actually make for a pretty cool booklet card.

(02-27-2013, 09:58 PM)jplarson Wrote: He's walking in the footsteps of Steve DeBerg (by way of Denver and Tampa Bay), Joe Montana, Steve Bono, and Elvis Grbac. That'd actually make for a pretty cool booklet card.
Haha this is pretty funny. It sure does seem like KC has been SF's dumping grounds for qb's. Id say Smith is better than 2 of those but only time will tell. All I know is SF made the right decision. Theres no way you could choose him over Kaep after what we have seen.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

(02-27-2013, 11:22 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Haha this is pretty funny. It sure does seem like KC has been SF's dumping grounds for qb's. Id say Smith is better than 2 of those but only time will tell. All I know is SF made the right decision. Theres no way you could choose him over Kaep after what we have seen.
No, but SF could have kept him and had a great back-up, at least for this year. They have Kaep at a very low price until next year, then they could have dumped Alex. Now they have no adequate back-up qb and will have to find one in free agency. Who will it be???
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(02-27-2013, 11:36 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: No, but SF could have kept him and had a great back-up, at least for this year. They have Kaep at a very low price until next year, then they could have dumped Alex. Now they have no adequate back-up qb and will have to find one in free agency. Who will it be???

They could have, but Alex didnt want that. If they kept him, he would become unhappy and could potentially ruin chemistry within the team just by hovering around. The team is in full support of Kaep right now which is pretty much the first time I have seen the team on the same page in years. Plus they have other holes to fill which is coming through reports now. If the niners end up getting revis with some of these picks their getting, then that will be huge for them. Quite frankly, if Kaep was only hurt for a couple games next year, Id be perfectly fine with Tolzien. But if Kaep just slides when he is suppose to, then I dont see him being in too much risk of getting hurt as he doesnt get sacked all that much and is hard to catch but you never know. Its bound to happen sometime.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Its good to see him get another chance somewhere else considering how the 49ers treated him. The do have some decent pieces to work around, especially on offense. And being able to sure of that line with the first pick the offense should do alright as long as they keep Bowe.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

While I hope Alex Smith does well. I can't honestly say he will. He was made better by a good coach and a good system. I don't think Reid can make him better like the niners did.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

(02-27-2013, 06:32 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Man I don't even know what to say to this. I agree with a lot of it but its not like smith wasn't at fault. He was horrible for so many years and it is his fault. A pro qb is expected to play well regardless who the coach is. He didn't, he sucked. I like him a lot but he is no Kaepernick by any means. Also gore played great all those seasons Alex sucked so not sure how it could be blamed on him. Other thing is even though the niners were so close to the SB last year, Alex still didn't have that great of stats but the defense did. Niners d was the reason they made it so far last year with that astronomical turnover/takeaway ratio. I'm glad Alex is getting another chance somewhere but I don't feel sorry for him. He played horrible for many years and was given every chance. Then this last year he was replaced by a better qb. Now he's being traded so he can have another chance. Niners are giving him what he wants. And tolzien isn't even bad. Played good in college and for the chargers a couple preseason a ago. He fits harbaughs system. But I would still imagine the niners will address the problem of only having 2 qbs now. Signing a good vet as a backup will probably happen now.
I agree with you ... just saying, look what happened when Smith finally got a good coach and a good system.

Put it this way ... Manning played for what, two coaches and one OC the entire time in Indy? Same with Brady? One coach/system?

I'm certainly not comparing Alex to those guys ... and like I said, I am a Kaep fan and I agreed with Harbaugh's decision to make the switch.

It obviously worked out, and I am totally looking forward to next year. Kaep is special, no doubt about it.

Just saying I appreciated how Alex stayed classy the whole time and became a pretty good QB by the time he got hurt.

I mean, man, you have to agree ... Nolan/Singletary/Jimmy Raye ... clueless on offense. Terrible, beyond terrible.

Alex's numbers, for a second-year QB, were actually pretty good the ONE year he played for Norv Turner.

Then Turner was gone, and it started over again. And again. And again.

Everyone was jocking Mark Sanchez for making it to the AFC championship game his first two years, and now everyone's convinced he sucks.

It's basically just Alex in reverse ... did Sanchez forget how to play football? No.

Did Alex turn out to be a much better player than people probably thought he could be? Yes.

And I agree with you 100 percent about the Niners' D and what not — but that's actually my point.

It takes a team, more than any other sport, to win in football, and I just think Alex was dumped on for years and blamed for everything without a truly fair shake.

Not a fair shake in the sense of playing time, just a fair shake in terms of playing for more coaches and coordinators than anyone else in the NFL in that time.

Also, people forget, most of the 49ers' good players on D did not show up for a couple of years or more after Alex got there ... Willis in 2007, Bowman in 2010, etc. ... so it's not like Alex had this awesome D the whole time he was there and just didn't get it done.

Anyway, man, I'm a Niners fan, too, don't want to sound like I'm down on them.

You're right, I would like to see them pick up an experienced backup.