Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Alex smith To the Chiefs

OT: Alex smith To the Chiefs
I think thats good for them I think They have a good start to next year
Photobucket

RE: OT: Alex smith To the Chiefs
Good for the Chiefs, they've been inept for so many years because of Cassel, lets see if Smith can turn things around

That's all they've been talking about here in the bay area! Also, everyone is glad that he did not go to the Cards. Anyway, Alex is a good, strong game manager, but still won't give the Chiefs any deep threat-he's known for being a short passer. Hopefully that will be enough for the Chiefs--especially since they are pretty good in the running back corps. If the Chiefs don't do something about their O-line, it may not make any difference who is the qb. Hopefully they fill that need with the draft. Good luck to Alex-he is a class act.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

I'm incredibly excited about this. I think he fits perfectly with the Chiefs, we kept our #1 pick and now we are free to draft Joeckel if we dont end up resigning Albert. I think he should get picked #1 either way. He is amazingly talented and I dont see a reason why they couldn't work with him to switch to a different spot on the OL if they were to resign Albert.
[Image: desmond_trufant_zpsf20c3d16.jpg]
RC - 16/29
Auto - 39/213
Mem - 2/9
1/1s - 7
Total -89/476 / 18%

Sad to see Alex go but only kind of. I'm skeptical as to how he's even going to do with the chiefs because well, Smith struggled the first 6 years of his career when put in these same situations. And with the chiefs line not being very good I don't see much happening. I think the niners did great with the picks their getting. Now if only they signed bowe to go with Crabtree that would leave Alex without a target. Something that's fun to think of.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

I'm excited for them. I think it was a good move. I would like to see them turn the ship around and make a playoff run
[Image: 38lDS2Y.png]
Registry http://registry.beckett.com/player-detai...pc_2286189
PC http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/se.../Suh%20PC/
RC - 35/37
Auto - 83/341
1/1- 11
**Banner made by jbel4331**

The 49ers are now one hit away from ... Scott Tolzien.

Good luck with that! Maybe Harbaugh will do the head slap thing before the game with Tolzien, too!

Alex Smith will be much, MUCH more appreciated when Kaep takes a helmet to the knee in Week 4.

(And I'm a Kaepernick fan — just tired of Alex being the whipping boy and blamed for all the 49ers' troubles. Hey, Frank Gore was there the whole time, too!)

Cannot tell you how many inept coaches/coordinators Alex played for ... my "favorite" memory of Alex is when Singletary was screaming at him on the sidelines, like, "I have no g-- d--n idea how to run an offense, you figure it out!"

I wish Alex nothing but the best, and I'm sorry to see him go.

Did he light up the NFL? No.

But he was a pretty classy guy who put up with a lot of bulls--t when he was here.

And when he finally did get a good coach to play for and a good offense to play in, he was two Kyle Williams fumbles away from the Super Bowl.

Then, this year, he was one of the highest rated QBs in the NFL when he got hurt.

Yeah, you're right, Bay Area, he sucks.

Man, all the Smith haters on the call-in shows today are making me sick.

(02-27-2013, 05:44 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: The 49ers are now one hit away from ... Scott Tolzien.

Good luck with that! Maybe Harbaugh will do the head slap thing before the game with Tolzien, too!

Alex Smith will be much, MUCH more appreciated when Kaep takes a helmet to the knee in Week 4.

(And I'm a Kaepernick fan — just tired of Alex being the whipping boy and blamed for all the 49ers' troubles. Hey, Frank Gore was there the whole time, too!)

Cannot tell you how many inept coaches/coordinators Alex played for ... my "favorite" memory of Alex is when Singletary was screaming at him on the sidelines, like, "I have no g-- d--n idea how to run an offense, you figure it out!"

I wish Alex nothing but the best, and I'm sorry to see him go.

Did he light up the NFL? No.

But he was a pretty classy guy who put up with a lot of bulls--t when he was here.

And when he finally did get a good coach to play for and a good offense to play in, he was two Kyle Williams fumbles away from the Super Bowl.

Then, this year, he was one of the highest rated QBs in the NFL when he got hurt.

Yeah, you're right, Bay Area, he sucks.

Man, all the Smith haters on the call-in shows today are making me sick.
Man I don't even know what to say to this. I agree with a lot of it but its not like smith wasn't at fault. He was horrible for so many years and it is his fault. A pro qb is expected to play well regardless who the coach is. He didn't, he sucked. I like him a lot but he is no Kaepernick by any means. Also gore played great all those seasons Alex sucked so not sure how it could be blamed on him. Other thing is even though the niners were so close to the SB last year, Alex still didn't have that great of stats but the defense did. Niners d was the reason they made it so far last year with that astronomical turnover/takeaway ratio. I'm glad Alex is getting another chance somewhere but I don't feel sorry for him. He played horrible for many years and was given every chance. Then this last year he was replaced by a better qb. Now he's being traded so he can have another chance. Niners are giving him what he wants. And tolzien isn't even bad. Played good in college and for the chargers a couple preseason a ago. He fits harbaughs system. But I would still imagine the niners will address the problem of only having 2 qbs now. Signing a good vet as a backup will probably happen now.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

i like alex smith alot.. i hope he makes it but i really get tired of anybody talking like hes hes struggled or the defense saved his butt. Thats happened to ANY qb in the nfl... the 49ers were winners before kaepernick even took over so to say smith was replaced by a "better" qb is a tad wrong.
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

From bad to worse. If that's possible............
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"