`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Would You Do?? GameDay Connexion

RE: What Would You Do?? GameDay Connexion
Cool. Hope things are made right for you.
[Image: Clintsbanner_zpsfba4b9ea.jpg]/IMG]

So Mr. Barnes responded to my BBB complaint:

Complaint #9408490
RECEr,
FEB 15 2013
I am the owner of Gameday Connexion a local sports memorabilia company. We took the customer's
jersey to be signed at a memorabilia show last month. He requested to have it authenticated on site
which I did by the best third party authenticator in the industry JSA. I could not get it authenticated by
TriStar the show promoter which was the customer's first choice. TriStar will not authenticate anything
not purchased from them at the show and this signer was not brought to the show by TriStar.
I have offered several solutions to Mr. Serviss. I have offered to give the customer $200 credit for his
jersey, toward anything else in our store. This is $13 more that he claims he spent on the jersey. The
jersey of mine that he requested to trade for has a cost of $299. I also made another offer to settle the
problem. He could use the $200 towards a custom frame job that he wanted or I would even refund the
total $87 that he paid for the autograph & authentication and then give him $90 store credit for his
jersey. In doing this I would be giving him $90 for his jersey which is $50 to $60 more than it is worth. As
a final solution I offered to pay another highly respected authenticator such as PSA/DNA to authenticate
the jersey which he also rejected
After a second call to Mr. Serviss today, he again rejected all of my offers and threatened to continue to
slander and hurt my business. I have his internet posting documented . He said he was even going so far
as to contact the media. At some point soon I will be forced to contact my attorney if this continues.
If there is anything else I can do to correct this misunderstanding or we need to discuss further please
let me know. My top priority is good customer service.
All The Best
Boyd Barnes
Gameday Connexion

So its funny he threatens me with using his attorney for slander and he lied in his response. He said TriStar would not authenticate Rodman's autograph right?? Here's the link to TriStar's show page:

http://www.tristarproductions.com/shows/...ckets.html

You can clearly see in the green circle on the bottom that you could/can buy authentication tickets for ANY autograph guest. So as you can see from his statement, he admits I asked for the TriStar hologram and yet HE CHOSE to make a different decision for me and refuses to accept any accountability for it. He also had a 2nd jersey signed for me the next day by John Smoltz, and geez that jersey has the TriStar hologram.

So I ask again, "What would you do?"

You made an agreement and he did not live up to it. He should refund your money and in this case buy the jersey from you since you have determined it to be ruined. He is under no obligation to do more than that.

Now what he did was not right and you have a right to be upset, but asking him to give you more than a return of your money and damages is expecting too much. A good businessman who wanted to keep his clients happy should do more, but nothing requires hi to do that.

If you went to a movie theater and the movie was all jumpy or the sound was bad you would have every right to complain and ask for your money back. You could even ask the theater for free tickets or coupons for the concessions, but they have no obligation to give you more than a refund.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

Hello, I absolutely agree with you. What I asked for was a like for like "cost" trade. My jersey cost me $187 (jersey, authentication, and autograph fee) when it was all said and done. What I asked for was him to trade me something that cost the same. He had a Mike Modano jersey signed with a TriStar hologram and he was asking $299 retail... not his cost, but retail. So since he wouldn't give me a refund, I asked him to trade me that jersey. I was even willing to pay the COST difference, but he wouldn't do that. So I 100% agree with you and I only wanted what I felt was fair. This dealer does not stock or have very much in terms of UDA, Steiner, TriStar hologrammed items. Most of what he has is James Spence, PSA/DNA, and his personal hologram. So since he refused to give me a refund, what he fails to mention is that Modano jersey and one other (he had a diffrerent Modano) as well are the only 2 jerseys that I could pick from if I did a trade for a autograph authenticated by a company that I would want to own. Of course that is not in his statement.

I think its a pretty good chance that if a retail store is selling something for $299, it didn't COST them $299. Wouldn't you agree?

Also, I called TriStar today and talked to Cameron and TriStar is provinding me in writing that they would have authenticated the Rodman autograph and the dealer is mistaken.

Click this link and you'll see TriStar says they absolutely would have authenticated a Dennis Rodman autograph. Hmmm, sounds like the dealer is sadly mistaken:

https://tristarproductions.3dcartstores....cdjeic-618