Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: What Would You Do?? GameDay Connexion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Boyd is the owner of Gameday Connexion and he advertises that you can drop of sports memorabilia to be taken to different shows around the country and he will get them signed for you. On 1/20/13 I went into the Grapevine Mills location and dealt with Boyd's employee named Thomas. Thomas took possesion of the jerseys I was dropping off to be signed. They were taking the jerseys to Houston, TX to be signed by Dennis Rodman on Sat 1/26/13 & John Smoltz on Sun 1/27/13. He charged me the fee that is charged for the autograph but he also charged me a NEW REGISTRATION fee that Tri Star Productions charges to authenticate the autographs you get. Thomas asked me if I wanted a James Spence to authenticate the autograph or Tri Star. I specifically told Thomas I DID NOT want a James Spence authentication and I PAID him to have it authenticated by Tri Star. Thomas charged me the money and told me that would be done the way I asked. When I went back to pick up my jerseys on Thursday 1/31/13 Thomas comes out apologizing and says to me that the owner (Boyd) didn't get the Dennis Rodman jersey authenticated the way I asked. He said the lines were too long, so without asking me, THEY CHOSE to have the jersey authenticated by James Spence. Thomas knew I was going to be upset so he just apologized and told me he would have the owner (Boyd) call me to work something out. I went and saw Boyd tonight 2/4/13 at the Grapevine Mills Store and Boyd did absolutely nothing but to try to get me to spend more money and would NOT do anything about his breach of contract to what I paid for. Whats even better is I paid additional for the Tri Star authentication and Boyd just pocketed the money and told me "I'm Sorry" but said he couldn't buy the jersey for me even though he knew he didn't follow what was paid to him and what his company was contracted for! And he personally got the jersey signed, so you would think he would buy it if he could make money on it right?

Boyd had me drive out to his store and I even tried to be fair by asking him to trade me a jersey he had in stock for the jersey (Rodman) that he personally got signed for me. He has very few jerseys that are hologrammed or authenticated by people I trust (UDA, Tri-Star, etc) so I asked him to trade me a Tri Star certified jersey for my Rodman since he didn't get the Tri Star certification like I paid him to do. In the end after having me drive out to the store a 2nd time, he did nothing for me since I wouldn't spend more $$$ or just give him the Rodman jersey towards a future framing job.

If you look on ebay, Spence authenticated Rodman jerseys sell for half or less what a Tri-Star, UDA, etc jersey sells for. Google James Spence Fraud and there is a ton of stories about their bad practices,authenticating, and even approving bad and stamped authgraphs.

So I paid this dealer to get my jersey signed and contracted him to have it signed and authenticated a certain way. He didn't do it, pocketed my $$$ that he charged me TO authenticate it a certain way, and then told me Sorry, keep it.

What would you do???

David
Well...its not really worth to money to retain counsel. You would need to go at the class action level in order to actually "get" anything out of it. Realistically, YOU wouldn't get anything out of it. Your attorney would if they won. Is this "Boyd" of BigboydSPortscards fame? If so I know a lot of people don't really like the way he does business. Personally? I have purchased one item from him. I got it for cheap and it was delivered in a timely manner. The reason I ask if this is the same person is...in theory you could go on a smear campaign about his business practices...but again, if a lot of people already don't like the way he does business you are just reiterating what someone else could have already told you. What would I do if I were you? Cut my losses. Its basically two jerseys and your money that you are out. Now, I do not know how much money you are out(is it $50 or $1000) but if it is closer to $50 than $1000 I hate to say that I would just eat the loss. You could also contact the authorities but this is a civil matter and they won't do anything for you.
You can sue and if you win have him pay all court and counsel cost. You can get with lawyer and ask for advise on this matter. I've never been charged by a lawyer for advise.
Id just eat it bro and never patronize his business again. Also, file a bbb report assuming he has one. Also, you could try contacting tri star, explaining the situation,and see if theyd be willing to do something for you.
Hello, this guy is Boyd Barnes from GameDay Connexion. www.gamedayconnexion.com He's putting on a show in March and I already know at least 10 people not going or buying autographs due to this. I appreciate the responses and for you guys to read my post. Any other ideas? I already filed a BBB complaint tonight.
Oh, and I'm out over $200.00. The cost of the Rodman jersey and Rodman was charging $80 for the autograph alone. Add in the charge of the Tri Star registration that never happend, the wasted gas.. its about $230.00 with a ruined jersey as well.
If you live in the same city as Boyd, you can go to small claims court, especially if you have a written contract that says the jersey would be authenticated by TriStar. However, without the contract explicitly stating that, then you most likely wouldn't win in court. You could also contact local media and explain your concern that without the proper authentication he could have signed the jersey himself, and hence be committing fraud.
(02-05-2013, 12:44 AM)jerseydaves Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, this guy is Boyd Barnes from GameDay Connexion. www.gamedayconnexion.com He's putting on a show in March and I already know at least 10 people not going or buying autographs due to this. I appreciate the responses and for you guys to read my post. Any other ideas? I already filed a BBB complaint tonight.
Oh, and I'm out over $200.00. The cost of the Rodman jersey and Rodman was charging $80 for the autograph alone. Add in the charge of the Tri Star registration that never happend, the wasted gas.. its about $230.00 with a ruined jersey as well.
I understand you're upset, but at the end of the day you still most likely have a dennis rodman autographed jersey...i knowbits kinda like kissing your sister, but maybe send it to another authenticator?
(02-05-2013, 12:26 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]I understand you're upset, but at the end of the day you still most likely have a dennis rodman autographed jersey...i knowbits kinda like kissing your sister, but maybe send it to another authenticator?

Thats just the point. There is no one I trust. spence use to work for PSA/DNA. Boyd even told me that if I wanted, he could get PSA/DNA to just throw a hologram on it as well when he see's them at his show next month. How is that getting authenticity? Thats exactly why I only wanted the TriStar hologram... Forget the fact thats what I paid for as well. As far as I'm concerned I have a ruined jersey with a POS hologram as the authenticator and this clown of a dealer just gets to steal my money and nothing gets done????
I just got this from the BBB:

David Serviss
Fort Worth TX 76244

Dear David Serviss :

This message is in regard to your complaint submitted on 2/4/2013 8:24:02 PM against Gameday Connexion. Your complaint was assigned ID 9408490.

A copy of your complaint was transmitted to the company and when a reply is received it will be forwarded to you, You may check the status of your complaint at any time by calling our automated system at 817-332-7585.

Keep in mind that your complaint whether in whole or in part may be posted for the public to see. If your response is posted for the public to see, they may use it to form an opinion about the consumer who filed the complaint more than the company on whom the complaint was filed.

Regards,

Nancy Salas

And my next step is to sue him if he doesn't do whats right. I may be out $230 but its POS dealers like this that just get away with crap because the collectors take it and walk away. I'm refusing to just walk away this time.
Good luck! Hopefully Boyd will realize you aren't just gonna walk away and at least come to some form of compromise.
WOW, some great news today. I have sold some game used items to Dan Henry of Fox 4 News/Weather. I sent him a message about this and he is going to try to get Saul Garza to do a "Whats
Bugging You" on this.... fingers crossed!! Maybe Boyd will listen when he is on the local news for being wrong????
Pages: 1 2