`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Jordan Noyz Boyz is this a 10?

Jordan Noyz Boyz is this a 10?
There are only 2 10s and a whole bunch of 9.5s. Looking to sell this and wondering everyone's opinion on whether this looks like a 10.

Photobucket

Photobucket

RE: Jordan Noyz Boyz is this a 10?
If i was grading i'd be about a 8.5. On the back, the die cut marks on the left side, and top are not pristine.

Yeah you'd get dinged on the edges (pun intended). I think it'd get a 9 though.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

I think people getting cards graded for the first time are always suprised at the grades they get back. It is definately a learning experience. What I always tell myself is that if I can see something the grader will see it.

The centering is nice, but because it is a die cut you have so many edges there that have to be perfect for a 10 or even a 9.5. I can see several very minor flaws to the edges of the card and I think the highest grade you can get would be a 9.

Keep in mind, your not getting an average of the 4 grades. The highest possible grade you can get is .5 higher than the lowest grade. So if you had 10,10,10,8.5 then your grade would be a 9.
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

PM sent...

Smile

not a newbie (but usually a PSA guy). to put it in perspective, I pulled a Fleer rookie out of a pack, slid it into a penny sleeve and soft holder and got a Beckett 9. Guy can dream, tho

(02-09-2013, 02:10 PM)briankort Wrote: I think people getting cards graded for the first time are always suprised at the grades they get back. It is definately a learning experience. What I always tell myself is that if I can see something the grader will see it.

The centering is nice, but because it is a die cut you have so many edges there that have to be perfect for a 10 or even a 9.5. I can see several very minor flaws to the edges of the card and I think the highest grade you can get would be a 9.

Keep in mind, your not getting an average of the 4 grades. The highest possible grade you can get is .5 higher than the lowest grade. So if you had 10,10,10,8.5 then your grade would be a 9.

There are actually exceptions to this rule. I had a card that got three 9.5s and a 7.5 surface grade (was sticky- had been in the pack for 15 years haha). The final grade was an 8.5. I believe every other grade has to be at least 2 above the lowest grade, then you get one full point above the lowest grade, but that's as far as they'll go.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(02-09-2013, 02:54 PM)buckunteer Wrote: There are actually exceptions to this rule. I had a card that got three 9.5s and a 7.5 surface grade (was sticky- had been in the pack for 15 years haha). The final grade was an 8.5. I believe every other grade has to be at least 2 above the lowest grade, then you get one full point above the lowest grade, but that's as far as they'll go.
When I asked about this before, the explanation that I got is that some subgrades hold more weight than others.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

Take a look at this 9.5 that is at Ebay. Seems to have the same issues in the die cut area, if not worse. No? Am I deluding myself?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-JORDAN-S...43b898ac3e

(02-09-2013, 05:09 PM)philipjgolden Wrote: Take a look at this 9.5 that is at Ebay. Seems to have the same issues in the die cut area, if not worse. No? Am I deluding myself?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-JORDAN-S...43b898ac3e
These cards typically grade high because they are made of a vinyl.I'm sure there is a large pop report for 9.5's.Why ask a question if you seem to have the answers yourself?Send it in for grading...
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]