Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Rodriguez's greed single handedly ruined the Yankees

Alex Rodriguez's greed single handedly ruined the Yankees
Hi,

If these stories are in fact true then that would make Alex Rodriguez the single most selfish and greedy player ever to play MLB and that is saying a lot. You already have enough money...you now are facing a suspension...if you come back you will more than likely be a 30 million dollar bench player. Do the right thing and walk away from the game that you obviously don't care about. Some people actually need these drugs to help save their lives and he among others abuse them for their own financial gain. It makes me sick. He has made more money in his joke of a career than Derek Jeter and that is one of the things that is seriously wrong with the game. A guy can inflate his numbers by using PED's to stay healthy and perform at a higher level. I don't think his power numbers are a direct result of PED's...his workouts and training are but PED's help you recover faster than a guy not using PED's. It seems like every season Alex Rodriguez is in some kind of PED BS. His contract should be void by MLB and he should retire. You will never know the truth about him either because he will look everybody in the eye and lie about it. Andy Pettitte came out and told the truth and he by most peoples opinion isn't a PED using scumbag like ARod and Manny. Unfortunately we will never know the truth and ARod's career is a giant joke. I am so glad I never invested in his top tier rookie cards. Give ARod's existing contract to someone that actually deserves it. $30,000,000 a year can go a long way to solve the Yankees problems. Sorry for the rant but as a Yankees fan I feel like I have to defend my team.

RE: Alex Rodriguez's greed single handedly ruined the Yankees
If they don't start handing out lifetime bans to these players for cheating they should lift the ban on Pete Rose and induct him into the HOF. The credibility of the MLBPA, the owners and Selig and his cronies is getting dragged through the mud. If they don't end it, they are part of it.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Of course they are a part of it....thats why it took them 15 years to start testing for all of these drugs. And weren't these guys the same guys that started using a juiced ball after the 1994 strike. Home runs equal fans in their eyes. And MLB balls are juiced big time. Me and friends in college used to take BP a couple times a week and we had 1 MLB ball and that was the money ball because it went some far.
(01-29-2013, 11:36 AM)Haze28 Wrote: If they don't start handing out lifetime bans to these players for cheating they should lift the ban on Pete Rose and induct him into the HOF. The credibility of the MLBPA, the owners and Selig and his cronies is getting dragged through the mud. If they don't end it, they are part of it.

(01-29-2013, 11:48 AM)joba the clark Wrote: Of course they are a part of it....thats why it took them 15 years to start testing for all of these drugs. And weren't these guys the same guys that started using a juiced ball after the 1994 strike. Home runs equal fans in their eyes. And MLB balls are juiced big time. Me and friends in college used to take BP a couple times a week and we had 1 MLB ball and that was the money ball because it went some far.
i can agree to the mlb ball being the money ball... back in college, we did the same thing and the mlb ball always traveled the furthest
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

"Andy Pettitte came out and told the truth"

whoa, hold on now. pettitte claimed he only used once ot twice. you buying that? nobody buys that. it was a half-admission, at best

arod should be banned from baseball, rule should now be put in place: if got using PED's, you are banned from the game FOREVER. stop ruining our sport
Looking for jose reyes in a Mets uniform
REYES CARD COUNT-366

"the other sports are just sports, baseball is a love"

[Image: 6I7b5.png]

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

It doesn't bother me one way or the other. When Sosa and Mac were hitting the balls out of the park, no one cared. We wanted to see home runs. When Bonds was doing it, the only people that cared about him using were the ones that didn't like him.

To say that he made more money than Jeter is a nonissue. Rodriguez was a better shortstop than Jeter, so he should be paid more. I'm not going knock someone for getting as much as they can. It's not his fault the Yankees paid him all that money. They could've said no. Same goes for any other player. Don't blame the player, blame the team.

I'm indifferent to any player that uses. I just don't care. If you can do it and not get caught, good for you. If you get caught, at least tell the truth.

These drugs are prescribed by doctors. Now if Alex Rodriguez has a medical condition that requires him using these drugs then OK. But he is not prescribed these drugs. He is no different than a guy going out on the street to score crack. Its the same thing. Why isn't he going to jail for using illegal drugs. As far as the ban goes...it should be a calender year for the first without pay and a lifetime ban for the second.
(01-29-2013, 12:11 PM)gherkin1496 Wrote: arod should be banned from baseball, rule should now be put in place: if got using PED's, you are banned from the game FOREVER. stop ruining our sport

I do buy that....he is not a guy throwing 95 to 100 mph.....he is a real pitcher that relies on location for his success. Do you believe David Ortiz? Who went from a bench player with Minnesota to a 40 HR guy for the sox. If Pettitte was throwing 96 like Bartolo Colon then I would suspect more. The fact is Pettitte admitted to it, Ortiz admitted to it, so you are always going to question whether they did more. I don't see why they either of them would have to lie any further. Because it will come out eventually. In Ortiz case once you pack on muscle from using it's easy to maintain after you stop. I used Androstene in college up until I was 23, I'm 31 now and I still have all the size I gained from using. Granted now I don't workout anymore but I still look like I do.
(01-29-2013, 12:06 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: "Andy Pettitte came out and told the truth"

whoa, hold on now. pettitte claimed he only used once ot twice. you buying that? nobody buys that. it was a half-admission, at best

I would love to see his contract void by MLB, if not the only way I'll respect him is if he voids it and retires.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

And once again this whole thing rears its ugly head. Imo the Steinbrenner's were just as greedy and are as much to blame as Arod, Brian Cashman told them not to sign that contract back in 09 but they wanted the fame that would go along with it. The peds issue in general is Selig's inability to draw th line and come to a conclusion he plays politics too much and looks for a short term solution to cover face. The best thing for baseball right now is to have Selig step down.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/