`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alex Rodriguez's greed single handedly ruined the Yankees

RE: Alex Rodriguez's greed single handedly ruined the Yankees
I am a Yankees fan and of course I think this is sickening.

From an organizational standpoint, the problem with the Yankees is not just Alex. Alex is a picture of what is wrong. The Yankees do not grow any other their own talent anymore. They buy their lineup mostly through free agency. If you are going to throw money around like its water, eventually you will attrack the wrong crowd.
My Bucket

Wish list
1) Reggie White Auto
2) 2005 Topps Fan Favorite John Elway Auto (Baseball)
4) $$$ to buy 1 & 2

Why would a-rod lie about taking drugs? He's already admitted to taking drugs. What's sad is anyone can say I gave so and so drugs and now there will always be the question of hmmmm I wonder if he did. Get rid of all the speculation of the past. Start your drugs testing program now and move forward. Test everyone 4 times a year at random times. That way it gives players no idea when it could happen. If your caught, you're done. Speculations and trying to prove so and so took drugs however long ago does nothing but waste time and money for what either could have been or may not have been. It doesn't mean anything right now. What if some scientist could prove Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Joe Jackson, Jackie Robinson or any of the greats cheated? Does this mean we should throw them out of the hall and erase every stat? I seriously doubt anyone would do that. What was, was. Move on.

im sorry, but the yankees signed him knowing he had cheated, knowing he used anabolic steroids.

they knew him., they knew his past. they knew his personality. they knew the risks

and signed him to a 275 million dollar contract extension

caveat emptor, you willfully blind bleeps in the yankees organization

there is no chance the contract should be voided

Language in the contract is standard. Pretty sure can't void contract based on PED usage. Only way contract can get voided in his case is if medically unable to resume baseball play. Reasons Yankees extended A-Rod was to cash in on his 3000 hit run and cash in on his home run chase but also to prevent him from jumping ship to the red sox. MLB as a whole are the ones responsible for all of this. Over 10 years of talk of roids in the league and took how long to get testing. Im all for an eventual lifetime ban but should be 3 strikes your out. Just like in the game. 100 games then 1 full year then lifetime.

Guys like him are just dead to me, literally ... like, he could break Bonds' record and I doubt I would even care, because Bonds' record was tainted, too.

I remember one of my very favorite pulls ever ... back in like '05 or '06, Target had some discounted two-pack blisters of '04 Flair baseball ... it even said "Look for Alex Rodriguez rookie cards" on the little red sticker.

I had walked up there (about a mile from my house), and on the way back I told myself I wasn't going to open them until I got home.

So, the anticipation was awesome ... and it was even sweeter when I actually pulled one.

Not bad for two packs — just 16 total cards out of a 200-card set!

Now, I just look at that card and it makes me sad.

I mean, the only other guy still active that even has a chance is Pujols — and as much as I like him, I mean, it just wouldn't surprise me if he did something, too.

That's not fair to him, but think of the era and the teammates he broke in with back in 2001 ... I'm guessing any young player would be pretty impressionable, right?

That's the problem with this whole thing — guilt by association ... Bagwell, Piazza, etc.

And everyone says, "oh, Biggio, he did it the right way!"

Why, because he didn't hit a lot of home runs, so he's automatically not a juicer?

I'm just saying — to me, basically everyone that has played in the last 20 years or so is either guilty or guilty by suspicion/association.

It's not right and it's not fair, but how/where/when do you draw the line on this stuff?

What if a guy juiced really hard for one or two years in the middle of a 15-year career and then quit ... do you still look at him overall as a legit player, or is it all or nothing?

I can only hope that guys like Trout and Harper are clean, have always been clean and will stay that way.

Just saw this:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-le...Ww-;_ylv=3
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(01-29-2013, 08:44 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Just saw this:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-le...Ww-;_ylv=3

they can try if they want. it wont happen. caveat emptor. they knew he was a roider when they signed the extension, screw cashman and the streinbrenners. they deserve to have this shoved back in thier face

and when ortiz gets popped, ill think the same of the red sox FO

You feel you have to defend your team ? You mean the same team that you know knew he was juicing when they traded for him and when they gave him that huge azz ridiculous extension ?

The Yankees have nobody to blame but themselves for the position they now find themselves in and even though there are reports that they are trying to find any way possible to void his contract the experts all say it's practically impossible first because it's in the drug policy itself that a team can't hand out punishment in addition to MLB sanctions and because they refused to address the situation when he admitted to juicing while with the Rangers.

Quote:According to two baseball sources -- one of whom is familiar with the wording of Rodriguez's contract -- even if it is proven that Rodriguez received steroids and HGH from Bosch, the Yankees would not be able to impose a punishment greater than the mandatory 50-game suspension stipulated for a first-time offender by baseball's collectively bargained Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Section 7, paragraph M of the agreement states, "All authority to discipline Players for violations of the Program shall repose with the Commissioner's Office. No Club may take any disciplinary or adverse action against a Player (including, but not limited to, a fine, suspension, or any adverse action pursuant to a Uniform Player's Contract) because of a Player's violation of the Program."

"Baseball's drug policy was specifically written so that teams can't do things like this," one of the sources said. "You can't use this to try to get out of the last years of a contract."

Quote:According to a source, the fact that the Yankees continued to honor Rodriguez's 10-year, $275 million contract extension after his public admissions of steroid use in 2009 may further weaken their case to void the contract.

By their failure to act in 2009, the Yankees can be legally found to have "ratified" Rodriguez's behavior, defined as one party "accepting and approving the conduct of the other."

"But in the end it's not my money and this gives me (as a fan) a chance to see the Yankees get crafty, switch to a low-market team mentalilty and see what they can do with a limited budget and pretty dry farm system. "

when you have to pay for tickets or gear....that's your money

every time i had to pay 8 dollars for a guinness at fenway last year, i cursed carl crawford's name