`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Tell me what you think of my BGS grades... Scans added 2nd Page

Tell me what you think of my BGS grades... Scans added 2nd Page
I recently sent off 4 cards to get graded by bgs and I was not too happy.

These are the cards and grades.

2012 Ginter Stan Musial auto 8.5 with 10 auto
2010 Chicago National Convention Sidney Crosby 8.5 with 10 auto
2012 Ginter Bob Gibson auto 9 with 10 auto
2012 Ginter Yu Darvish auto 9.5 with 10 auto

RE: Tell me what you think of my BGS grades...
The Musial and the Crosby are brutal. Was it surface? Nice on the Darvish though!

Nice Darvish and Gibson. Sorry to hear about the Musial and Crosby. At least you have their autos, though. I only have Gibson's from those four.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Why so mad? You got a 10 on all your autos? That too me would be all I would care about. The card is just extra.. but thats IMO.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

i'd be happy with all of those 10 auto's, esp darvish and musial. dude just turned 90! and he's still signing stuff legible.
[Image: m3OLcuF.png]
Sig by: jbel4331 / STL Cardinals & Rams Collector

Crack the case on the Musial, take it out of the Ginter frame and resubmit it. You'll probably get at least a 9 on it.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

That sucks on the 8.5's but the others are good...anything 9 and up in my opinion is a win. But that is exactly why I just cant bring myself to send in some of my cards for grading. And I have some that I think would grade 9.5 or better but I dont want to get disappointed when they come back at 8.5's. I think I would rather not have then graded.

Well the Musial got a 7.5 on surface if it was not for that it would have been at least a bgs 9 overall. The Crosby got hit for centering it got a 8.0 as far as I can see it was top to bottom, I never look at that on modern cards. Leason learned.

(01-19-2013, 03:57 PM)once78 Wrote: Well the Musial got a 7.5 on surface if it was not for that it would have been at least a bgs 9 overall. The Crosby got hit for centering it got a 8.0 as far as I can see it was top to bottom, I never look at that on modern cards. Leason learned.
What were the Musial subgrades?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I feel like BGS will sometimes give bad grades to those who don't submit often and to those valuable/rare cards... I can almost hear them saying, "Thank you for playing, next!" after they ding a great card.
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]