`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Tell me what you think of my BGS grades... Scans added 2nd Page

RE: Tell me what you think of my BGS grades... Scans added 2nd Page
(01-21-2013, 07:38 PM)thepozr Wrote: Curious on the surface of the Musial. Is there a noticeable scratch or anything? If it's smudges or something that can be wiped off, I would crack the case and clean it up and resubmit it.
Even IF the Surface could be cleaned, it still couldn't get a GEM MINT 9.5 because of the 8.5 for Centering subgrade.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(01-21-2013, 07:47 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: Even IF the Surface could be cleaned, it still couldn't get a GEM MINT 9.5 because of the 8.5 for Centering subgrade.
I disagree somewhat. I've seen the centering get bumped back up on a resubmitted card.

That centering grade is BS. Looks like they judged it without even trying to get the mini to move inside the frame.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(01-21-2013, 07:53 PM)Haze28 Wrote: That centering grade is BS. Looks like they judged it without even trying to get the mini to move inside the frame.
They're not supposed to, I wouldn't think. They don't clean the Surface of a card. The Graders grade the card as is.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

After taking a close look at the musial there is what seems to be a small finger nail size indent no larger than a cm. I just over looked it. But these are pc I would have moved them if they were not silver label but I am okay with what I have thanks for looking ever one.

I honestly can't believe you got a 9 for centering on the Gibson and a 8.5 on the Musial. In my opinion the Gibson centering is worse than the Musial. But don't worry, I hear it's hard to get a 10.

My buddy was the one that got the 2010 Ginter Pujols BGS 10 with 10 auto I sent my 2010 Ginter Pujols in and got a 9.5 with 10. I have had several 9.5 but never missed like I did with the Musial and the Crosby. The even mislabled the Crosby. It is numbered out of 35 and they put 25 on the label.