• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: What players cost "too little"?

RE: OT: What players cost "too little"?
Bruce Smith
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

Chad Greenway. He has 765 tackles in 6 seasons.

(01-14-2013, 05:48 PM)a2coupe2a Wrote: Thats a good point. You can get a low numbered Steve Largent exquisite auto for less then a low numbered blackmon auto... thats not right.
While that is true, I think what osujeffrey meant was that it's the actual vintage cards, not modern cards of retired HOF players, that are stupid cheap. Like HOF RCs from the 60s, 70s, and early 80s.

As for who I think is undervalued, I still think Drew Brees. Not his 2001 stuff so much as his current stuff. For the quality of QB he is he should be valued the same as Brady and Peyton for current stuff. At least the same as Rodgers.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(01-14-2013, 05:35 PM)osujeffrey Wrote: I will throw a different angle up...
I think vintage is incredibly undervalued. Compared to baseball you can pick up almost any pre 1985 hall of famer amazingly cheap.
I guess there is no market but in particular:
Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, any of the 70's Steelers or Cowboys, Sayers, Jim Brown... All worth fractions of modern cards of players half their caliber...
100% agree, you can get a PSA 10 Barry Sanders Score RC for $175, that is just insane, some vintage is pricy, but nothing near what a low numbered Luck RC AU from a good set will sell for. Makes no sense.

Tom Brady autos are pretty easy to pull and really cheap.
(01-13-2013, 10:14 PM)ugameck Wrote: Stafford? Really? He's thrown for nearly 10,000 yards the last two years. Pick a different QB like Sanchez, or Schaub, or Romo, or Flacco, or Dalton, or Rivers, or Cutler.

These are QBs that haven't really done squat in the postseason if even make it but have so much hype. So, over the last two years? Stafford has been better than them - so is Revis worth more than this lot? If you believe so, you make your point.
Yeah, I may be biased as a Lions fan, but I agree 100 percent.

I literally would not trade him for any other QB in the NFL, seriously.

I truly, honestly believe he will win a Super Bowl before he retires.