`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Advice on protecting Chrome and Relic/Patch Cards

Advice on protecting Chrome and Relic/Patch Cards
I took a very long hiatus in collecting cards and therefore I would like some advice/tips on care and protection of Chrome and Relic Cards. When I collected many years ago these types of cards didn't exist, so I was just used to using a penny sleeve with toploader.

Specifically, I have a few 2012 Topps Chrome base/refractor cards I'd like to protect and also a couple 2012 Chrome Rookie Relic jersey cards.

Lastly, I have a couple 2012 Topps Commemorative Captain Patch Cards, which have the thickest stock of any cards I own. What would I use to protect these? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Advice on protecting Chrome and Relic/Patch Cards
Toploaders that they fit in not forced in work best, in my opinion. If you put them in pages it softens the corners, and I think pages or toploaders are fine for regular chrome cards.
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

welcome back to the hobby. i took a long time off too and am back. sleeves & toploaders are still my favored way to store cards. they make thicker toploaders these days to fit relics etc. like jmessick says dont force em in, better a little loose than too tight. and you will want to get boxes that hold em cause the standard boxes will not.
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

I agree with jmessick and ramsfan. They make penny sleeves and toploaders in all sizes now and they really are the cheapest/best way to store cards. I also like to throw the toploader in a team bag as well, but I'm just neurotic like that. Big Grin
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

1.5mm - 59pt
2mm - 79pt
2.75mm - 108pt
3.5mm - 138pt
5mm - 197pt
7mm - 240pt

Base Card: 3x4 premium toploaders or RC toploaders if rookie card.
Framed Card, Topps Platinum/Mayo like thick card: (About 108 pt, thick toploaders)
Common Game Used: 138 pt.
Letterman, 197 pt.

hope this helps.. trust me it stinks ordering the wrong size lol
[Image: mikethomas_banner-1.jpg]
Mike Thomas Collection Thread
Working 3rd shift, so please be patient to my replies Smile