IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.94 Average
GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD

RE: GRIFFEY COLLECTOR FORUM / THREAD
add them everyone needs the earlier stuff most of the time
[Image: griffeypanel_zps5b8ec0f2.jpg]
ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY GRIFFEY I DONT HAVE. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, ALL WANTS ARE IN.

Added 52 Juniors that I have at least 3-5 of...waiting to add just dupes until I see how this goes. I have 1500+ Juniors-and am always looking for more that I don't have.

I am still looking for mainly 2000 and after.

Oh-and I also have an eBay lot of Juniors right now. I am willing to end it if it results in a willingness to trade a large number of cards I need/want...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230896768332?ssP...1555.l2649

I'd be willing to trade Griffeys for his rookies. I've got over 100 of his rookies they never get old to me. Pick through my org, send an offer if you like.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

anybody get anything new today? mail hasnt came here yet. i have picked up a few odd balls lately like jumbos etc. i did figure out something that i didnt know. if you have any 5x7 upperdeck cards that are enlargements of the actual card from that year in the 90's. and you cant find it for that year you might have a box topper from 1999
ALSO LOOKING FOR ANY GRIFFEY I DONT HAVE. SO LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING I NEED, ALL WANTS ARE IN.

(12-15-2012, 02:29 PM)griffey man 1 Wrote: anybody get anything new today? mail hasnt came here yet. i have picked up a few odd balls lately like jumbos etc. i did figure out something that i didnt know. if you have any 5x7 upperdeck cards that are enlargements of the actual card from that year in the 90's. and you cant find it for that year you might have a box topper from 1999
That would explain a few of my larger cards.

I did start redoing the collection though last night. Grabbed 2 jumbo shoeboxes, cleaned a bunch of toploaders, bought new toploaders and started locating the dupes and indexing them in the shoebox.

Should start seeing Griffey's for trade in my org shortly of the ones I have moved to the shoebox. The plan is singles stay in the binder pages and dupes end up toploaded and in the box to make them easier to find instead of flipping through 4 3" binders.

I got an Upperdeck Bonds / Sosa / Griffey patch card from another trader here and while at the LCS yesterday picked up a cheap box of 94 select (nothing great but 1 cal ripken insert with a BV that paid for the box) and a box of 07 SP w/ a Robin Yount Patch card and a few other inserts.

I'll be around all day if anyone wants to trade for something and want something besides griffey

i got a good story about the triple you got. when they first came out i bought the majority of them on ebay. well i bought that one and went to lcs the next day and bought a few packs of that and pulled that exact same card. i was pissed and happy all at the same time. i traded the less pretty one back to lcs from a hobby box and few griffeys i needed, before the pricing came out on it. so i probably broke even considering i over paid for it come to find out

I have to say I really like Upper Deck and the SP / SPx brands in particular. For some reason I can't bring myself to buy anything (hobby boxes) new that isn't licensed even though it usually looks much better. I'm personally bored w/ the new topps looks and miss the 90's inserts like most of us it seems, part of why I was excited to open the 94 select yesterday, at $15 it was hard to pass but wow did it have a bunch of cards, 24 packs @ 12 cards per pack.

Need to stop buying boxes though since I'm usually disappointed...carrying cash always ends bad

they mass produce the base sets so badly but did a decent job of limiting the production amount of the inserts. so some of those inserts were like one in 5 boxes or even more and with 20-30 cards in those sets the star cards were a tough pull.

I cant find on beckett the signature rookie 24Karat gold signature griffey 1994 , numbered to 7750...S2

gotta scan