`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Jordan vs Jordan

RE: Jordan vs Jordan
Finest, without a doubt. I like this card based on one of my favorite reasons for collecting: It looks cool. That's why I collected as a kid, and it is still a big part of why I collect now.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

The Finest Refractor is the better looking card!
I think i would take that over the PMG,but if the PMG was graded BGS 9.5 that would be a tuffer choice!
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

Thanks for all the replies fellas.

I would take the Finest Masters card... I love both pictures... But the finest has less print run... looks cleaner than the PMG... which is an awesome card itself, but I do not like the chipping... any buyer, will try to talk down the price because of that...

I love your collection & have watched some of your auctions... I'm not a high end collector... I took a $30K paycut when I got out of the Navy last year... so my buying days are very limited... Trying to sell some of my cards myself... sold my MJ Jambalaya 06-07 too cheap! Didn't want to do it, but had to come up with some extra money without dipping into my savings or putting it on the credit card, which is almost paid off..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

^ Thanks for the kind words. It sucks about the pay cut but I know a LOT of people who took severe pay cuts and even lost their jobs when the economy took a plunge. Good luck on the recovery. Cards can always be purchased later. As long as you're healthy and your family is alright, you're good. Wink

I don't want to sell my best cards but I received word recently that I have a baby on the way. A huge change in my life. My collecting will slow down considerably but I'll still be purchasing some here and there. Just not the $10k+ cards as easily now. It just sucks because I know it'll be REALLY difficult to get the Prime PMG copy or a Gold Embossed Refractor again in Gem Mint condition. I know a lot of them have been locked away in elite PC's. =(

It's just time to spend most of my money elsewhere. Diapers and all that good stuff. Good gawd. lol

Jun u confuse me lol.... You spend THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of dollars on cards in the first place, but then turn around and sell them for family reasons... The normal person would think that if you obviously have extra thousands upon thousands laying around for a hobby like this one, that having a child wouldn't be SO back breaking financially?!? Doesn't make sense?? You've always claimed to be this HUGE Jordan fan/collector, but you sell all your top cards within months that u get them????

Not my business.... But I remember u on B.O and for reasons like above, along with shilled auctions u had going on (not blaming u) , and you can see why some of us shake our heads & don't understand!

(11-18-2012, 08:07 AM)bengu Wrote: Jun u confuse me lol.... You spend THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of dollars on cards in the first place, but then turn around and sell them for family reasons... The normal person would think that if you obviously have extra thousands upon thousands laying around for a hobby like this one, that having a child wouldn't be SO back breaking financially?!? Doesn't make sense?? You've always claimed to be this HUGE Jordan fan/collector, but you sell all your top cards within months that u get them????

Not my business.... But I remember u on B.O and for reasons like above, along with shilled auctions u had going on (not blaming u) , and you can see why some of us shake our heads & don't understand!

It's very easy to assume things from the outside and shake heads because all the puzzles aren't there to see the whole picture. I understand it sometimes may not make sense to you or others... but there are perfect reasons why I do things. I was many times demanded by some members on BO to explain things which was quite ridiculous to me in the first place... but because I am so attached and passionate about the hobby, I have fought countless battles against those same set of pessimists that not only attack me but almost anyone that sells high end Jordans.

Anyways, having a baby is a huge change. I was able to spend thousands and thousands on cards because I was still independent and was planning to get married late next year with no intentions of having a child a few more years after. I'm not sure if you're married or have kids of your own, but I'd assume you understand it's a life changing experience. Money will always be needed no matter how much you make or have saved. Instead of having tens of thousands locked up in cards, I figured it would be much wiser now to liquidate them back into cash. I am now getting married in 2 months which requires a ton of cash NOW. I'm estimating around $40k - $50k total. Venues, Rings, Catering, etc. Add to that all the medical stuff and everything required to deliver/raise a child and support my new to be wife. You can imagine why I chose to sell them. I could go without selling everything but it's just a lot better knowing I have the extra cash to do whatever needs to be done.

As for cards... many people who've dealt with me know how I purchase/sell cards. I buy them and list them almost immediately on eBay with a high BIN price. Mainly to see what type of interest the card gets. eBay is not only a great place to buy/sell things but an EXCELLENT market research tool. You may know I run a website strictly devoted to it and having knowledge of the market is really important to me. I receive a ton of messages everyday from collectors around the world asking me questions and advice all the time. Some members on this forum can vouch for that as well.

95% of the time, I receive higher offers than what I bought them for within a few weeks. Many times much quicker. I am not rich like some of the High End collectors who can spend $50k a month on cards and keep doing so. I really can't afford to keep all the cards I buy and let them sit so I end up accepting higher offers that roll in, make some profit and use that to purchase nicer/better cards. It worked well and I was able to keep stepping up and buying nicer higher end cards the more I sold. It's REALLY hard to turn down an offer where you can make $8k profit in a single transaction. No matter how much you like the card. You can't dock someone for that. I had a near $20k offer sitting for the Gold Embossed Refractor BGS 9.5 and a $15k offer for the PMG Red. Although I love those cards, it's real hard to say no to such great offers. Even so, I hesitated to accept them and STILL said no until I received news about my girl being pregnant. I went back to those guys and finally said ok.

I've never shilled any of my auctions or sales either. Believe it or not, I've had faulty buyers where I had to report, file a non-paying bidder, and block them from my list. That is not my fault. It actually hurt me as it made me look bad. I even thought it was one of the BO guys doing it to purposely make me look bad as it was during the time all the drama was going on. Especially the BGS 9.5 Jordan RC I sold. I remember the same non-paying bidder shilled the hell out of a PSA 10 Jordan RC which was running in an auction the same time for $15k and the guys on BO made a big fuss about it and pointed the finger at me. My card was re-listed the very next week and sold to MNMIRACLE for a lot less than what I purchased it for. If I was a shiller, I wouldn't have accepted a $2k loss, but I did. My feedback shows almost every card I've bought and sold, for how much and from/to who. It's an open book. I have nothing to hide and it's all there.

Plus, 98% of the time I list my cards in BIN listings with Best Offers. Impossible to shill. I also have records of EVERY card I've purchased and sold. 100% positive feedback and every single person who's dealt with me will vouch for me and my cards.

These are a few more puzzles laid out so you can see a bit more of the entire picture and the reasons I buy/sell my cards. I know I don't have to explain anything on any internet forum to anyone... but I absolutely HATE when people assume bad things and badmouth me when the TRUTH is entirely different. Especially when I've worked so hard to build a solid reputation and make sure all my deals go smoothly. I've spent many nights wasting away many hours fighting and defending what I do to the bad folks on BO because I knew the truth and what they were saying was so terrible. Calling me a scam artist, manipulator, and the scum of the earth. It made my blood boil. These were complete stranger that didn't know anything that already had bitter hateful feelings towards the ENTIRE Jordan market. If anything they said about me were even remotely true, I wouldn't have spent so much energy and time defending each and everything they were accusing me of. I would have simply just stayed quiet or ignored it. I wouldn't even have the energy or patience to have gone back and forth for so long. It just wasn't fair and it was ONLY on Blowout Forums. That place has some crazy delusional people that are more biased than any other forum I've been on.

Anyways... that was a long and depressing read, but I figured the truth should be out there.

I hear ya man, more power to you... But I still can't believe you sold your BGS 9.5+ with 10 centering lol... That card looked better than two of the BGS 10's I've seen IMO! If anything as a fellow HUGE jordan fan, that would have been the one card I'd definitely keep lol!

I just recently had my first baby and understand how expensive they can be, but I only make 60k a year... And I know that I definitely haven't spent even 10k yet on my son! So they don't have to be THAT expensive unless someone is purposely over spending on material things that aren't needed. All the beautiful cards you had/have would be awesome heirlooms for your future children! I hope you can keep SOME of them at least lol

(11-18-2012, 10:16 AM)bengu Wrote: I hear ya man, more power to you... But I still can't believe you sold your BGS 9.5+ with 10 centering lol... That card looked better than two of the BGS 10's I've seen IMO! If anything as a fellow HUGE jordan fan, that would have been the one card I'd definitely keep lol!

I just recently had my first baby and understand how expensive they can be, but I only make 60k a year... And I know that I definitely haven't spent even 10k yet on my son! So they don't have to be THAT expensive unless someone is purposely over spending on material things that aren't needed. All the beautiful cards you had/have would be awesome heirlooms for your future children! I hope you can keep SOME of them at least lol
lol thanks man. I hope you're right. Maybe I'm over evaluating how much the baby is going to cost but it's really the wedding that's going to cost a lot right now. I really could go without one. LOL.

Anyways, yea... I would love to keep anyone of them. Man... you guys are tempting me to keep one now. lol. An heirloom would be pretty sweet.

I still wonder if there are any left out there in packs. How many did they make..71 I think? The 97-98 Finest boxes go relatively cheap ($125 or so) compared to the other boxes of that era with the chase cards like PMGs, rubies, flair legacies, etc.

Until I win the lottery that's clearly the only way I'll ever obtain one. I've yet to pick up a box, might be a Christmas money purchase. And as DESPERATELY as I'd want to keep it, if it graded out 9.5, I could sell it and pay off literally 1/3 of my college loans if it fetched as much as yours did rare!

Oh well, such is life. I hope you've enjoyed having the cards for the times you did!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]