Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magnetic Card Cases

Magnetic Card Cases
Hello,

I'm looking to get feedback on properly protecting your cards. I've been using the magnetic cases for my cards that carry some value. I use a variety of sizes depending on the thickness of my cards. Currently, I'm not using a penny sleeve also inside the case as it does not fit well with both.

Does anyone have any issues with that or any suggestions on a better way to protect the corners from chipping, etc? Right now, they are in great shape but years down the road I don't want to regret not protecting them properly.

I appreciate any advice.

- Law

RE: Magnetic Card Cases
You will get a variety of answers on this one. Some prefer them. Some not. Some use albums, some use top loaders. Its what ever you feel comfortable having your cards in (and make sure that they are not too tight otherwise they will ruin your cards).
As far as the chipping issue, that shouldnt happen unless you are constantly moving the card around in the case. If it is pretty much stationary for most its life, than you shouldnt have any issues.

Thank you, Sir. Appreciate the feedback.

- Law

(09-29-2012, 11:11 PM)creativemunky Wrote: You will get a variety of answers on this one. Some prefer them. Some not. Some use albums, some use top loaders. Its what ever you feel comfortable having your cards in (and make sure that they are not too tight otherwise they will ruin your cards).
As far as the chipping issue, that shouldnt happen unless you are constantly moving the card around in the case. If it is pretty much stationary for most its life, than you shouldnt have any issues.
I didn't try a magnetic until receiving one in a trade this year. I like them over the screw down, mainly for the ease of use. I'm not sure if they pop open if one gets dropped.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

If you don't intend on opening the case I put a small (and barely noticable) piece of clear tape over the top to keep them from poping open.

Or if you really want protection.. Just get the card graded and slabbed. Otherwise, I use the magnetic cases for my better cards and i put everything in binders for the rest.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

The only thing I don't like about the magnetic holders is that they scratch when rubbed up against other holders, unlike the graded holders, which are ridged so that they lock together when adjacent to each other. You can stick em in a team bag, but then they look less aesthetic. And, yes, they do pop open when you drop them, speaking from personal experience.
http://s1014.photobucket.com/albums/af262/dayton310/

DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2 DO NOT TRADE: MGRUBER2
R.O.A. (DO NOT TRADE) THE GREAT 48

I love 'em for cards of value. But I also use top loaders and binders for "lesser" cards. The magnetic holders look nice with these tiny plate stands I bought at a craft store.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

Forgot to mention to put them in team bags or graded card bags in order to keep them secure and scratch free. Smile

(09-29-2012, 11:51 PM)krn001 Wrote: I didn't try a magnetic until receiving one in a trade this year. I like them over the screw down, mainly for the ease of use. I'm not sure if they pop open if one gets dropped.
Thank you KRN001 and Go Braves!!! I live in Birmingham, so most in Alabama are natural Braves fans.

- Law