`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
will Upper Deck survive .....

RE: will Upper Deck survive .....
I dont know my thoughts on other sports/products but the only thing better than 2011 Exquisite football would be 2011 Exquisite except with Pro unis!!!
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

If he dies, he dies...
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

(09-26-2012, 06:43 PM)bigtrip18 Wrote: UD is becoming more and more of a niche product maker, specifically higher end cards. I could easily see them ditch their products that retail under $100 in the next 3-5 years.
This is why they where left out of baseball. MLB wanted the companies to have a wider range of products and prices focusing on set building again and UD stuff for the most part was 50 or more a pack.
(09-26-2012, 07:07 PM)longhornnation Wrote: I live in the south so I really don't know, but are Hockey cards really that popular anyway??
Hockey has steady and loyal following albeit small-- about 10-15% of the hobby.. A liitle less then Basketball. But 2/3 of hockey sells are in Canada.

(09-27-2012, 08:42 AM)hckydv7 Wrote: This is why they where left out of baseball. MLB wanted the companies to have a wider range of products and prices focusing on set building again and UD stuff for the most part was 50 or more a pack.
This is NOT why they were left out of Baseball (or Basketball, or football for that matter)

They were left out, because

1. they were making cards and using the MLB, MLBPA logo's, and did not have a license with either one

2. They owed MLB and the MLBPA millions of dollars from their previous license agreements which they failed to pay

3. They owed players millions of dollars for the autograph sessions, they had, and did not pay.

4. They were sued by the Makers of Yu-Gi-Oh for making and distributing counterfeit yu-gi-oh cards, and using that company logo's on the cards, when they did not have a license, hence they had a court hearing UD was found guilty, and ordered to pay a multi million dollar settlement.

5. They owed back rent on their headquarters, and other buildings in the millions of dollars.

with the number of lawsuits they still have pending, the number of settlements they still owe on from previous lawsuits, and the new lawsuits that are currently being filed, (latest one was Sept 11 2012, over the Political cards, and stolen designs, etc.. , and in March of 2012 by the NFLPA )

And numerous other reasons, which have all been documented and are readily available everyone.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

i hope they survive these hard times, i for one have collected UD product for a long time and still do but hate the redemptions

off the topic

*i believe that every company should not put redemptions in there products, if you don't have a phyical player signed cards/stickers in hand then take them out of that set and only have the base cards/RC in only and then hold off untill the next product that comes out to put them in if they sign.*