IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
will Upper Deck survive .....
Question 
will Upper Deck survive .....
the NHL lockout ???

Hockey collectors are gone up here, and no ones buying "new" products ..... with no season imminent, can UD survive another fiscal year ???

RE: will Upper Deck survive .....
Fleer Retro Basketball helped alot. And there will be exquisite Bball
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

UD is becoming more and more of a niche product maker, specifically higher end cards. I could easily see them ditch their products that retail under $100 in the next 3-5 years.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"

im personally glad I have no redemptions whatsoever with them. I learned my lesson from fleer, as I lost quite a bit in redemptions (luckily I cashed out half my redemptions before fleer went belly up and got a dwade rc auto) should've listened to my instincts and cashed them all out, but the rep "expected" some to be made so I held on..oops
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

I think they will be fine. While the customer service might not be that great, I think all the products they have been putting out lately are the bomb!
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Honestly, with some of the stuff that Panini and Topps are putting out this year, it would be nice if UD had an NFL license again, more competition the better. I think with the success of Exquisite, Fleer Retro, and even SPx, they will be fine for while longer.

I live in the south so I really don't know, but are Hockey cards really that popular anyway??

I honestly don't know but I REALLY dislike the college unis they use for football!!

(09-26-2012, 07:13 PM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: I honestly don't know but I REALLY dislike the college unis they use for football!!
me neither Teresa..dont even belong in a card set unless it is a special seperate team set or something..
NOT for NFL players at all IMO..
Smile
and pbean to answer your question...i have seen better company's go under...and worse survive... but they are jinxed and a major card maker..bad decisions in the front office..bad history with cust.service and Too many high end products.....dunski,toast and finished if hockey locks out too long...
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

I hope they get along ok! Only reason I buy the stuff is the college unis. Used to buy sage and press pass too but since UD got the exclusive license that's almost all I buy now. Just wish I could afford exquisite!!!
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

I am going to throw my 2 cents in also...I've always like UD and haven't bought much of them at all over the last few years due to stop collecting for many years but I bought a SP box this year and I was hooked again....(as you can see by my SPA set I'm chasing....)...I don't watch college football much but I think the SPA set is pretty nice looking with a fair price...between 80-100 for 3 autos per box and the set is sharp looking to me (2011 of course is my reference).
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.