`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA:Cut out Ginter Box Tops now inserted in Frames

PSA:Cut out Ginter Box Tops now inserted in Frames
They open a junk relics and now insert the box top in there and try to sell it. I contacted the buyer of this one and he trying to file a claim. He had already given the guy positive feeback though

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-Allen...483wt_1417

I would do everything in my power to make that guys life a living hell, if he didnt refund my money..lol
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

RE: PSA:Cut out Ginter Box Tops now inserted in Frames
-sigh- another box topper seller trying to scam the system
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

Holy hell! You can totally see that it is a frame from a relic card. But, it is the stupid bidders fault for not reading the entire auction because the guy clearly states what it is. Is it wrong? Yes. But is it legal? Yes again.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(08-04-2012, 02:20 PM)Haze28 Wrote: Is it wrong? Yes. But is it legal? Yes again.
That's the sad part.

People will do anything for a buck. Sadly this person won't be getting their money back
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

Seller is slime for selling this - he knows people will bid on it without understanding the auction. Puts "Autograph" and "Auto" in the title. He is purposely trying to deceive - this makes it an ebay policy violation in my opinion.

The buyer should have read the description - maybe not on all .99 auctions, but if you are going to shell out 178 on ebay, better read the description carefully.

HOWEVER - the buyers biggest mistake was purchasing from a seller with the feedback this guy has - there are plenty of Darvish autos to be had for about the same price from sellers with 100% feedback. This guy has 11 Neutrals and 6 Negs in the last 12 months - to me that is a HUGE red flag and I would never buy high end from someone like that.

CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]

WOW THAT IS WRONG ON SOOO MANY LEVELS!!!! But I really doubt the buyer will get his money back. The P.O.S. does make it pretty clear what it is, shame on the buyer not to read the desc. too. I feel bad for the buyer & I hope by some miracle he gets a refund, but I dunno.Sad
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

(08-04-2012, 02:20 PM)Haze28 Wrote: Holy hell! You can totally see that it is a frame from a relic card. But, it is the stupid bidders fault for not reading the entire auction because the guy clearly states what it is. Is it wrong? Yes. But is it legal? Yes again.
Exactly right. Only one the buyer can blame is himself if he don't read the WHOLE listing & item description. Even if he filed a claim he'd lose since the item IS AS described. Sucks but it's true.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

Honestly the buyer deserves to get hosed if they can not read. Its not the seller fault people don't read. Even if you read only the title it gives it away what it is. I love how the seller is getting crap for doing the exact same thing others have done, but got a little creative with it. Also in order to this to violate any rules or be a "scam" the seller has to intentionally try to fool someone, but the seller clearly stated what it was and made some money off of an obliviously bidder.
[Image: H8Ura.png]
SIGNATURE IMAGE CREATED BY
jbel4331 [ http://www.beckett.com/forums/user-153852.html ]

(08-04-2012, 05:12 PM)ohioarmy05 Wrote: Honestly the buyer deserves to get hosed if they can not read. Its not the seller fault people don't read. Even if you read only the title it gives it away what it is. I love how the seller is getting crap for doing the exact same thing others have done, but got a little creative with it. Also in order to this to violate any rules or be a "scam" the seller has to intentionally try to fool someone, but the seller clearly stated what it was and made some money off of an obliviously bidder.
it's easy to tell in these threads who sells alot on ebay and who buys alot on ebay. and this is beyond cutting out the box top and selling it on ebay. This is cutting out a part of the box top, cutting up a frame relic / auto in an attempt to yes SCAM someone into thinking it was an autograph from yu darvish. He went waaaaay out of his way to FORGE an autograph card. and i agree with what someone else said earlier, if I spend alot of money on a card on ebay Im going to read the whole description and do my homework before bidding. But that doesnt make this right. Taking advantage of the dumb/lazy is still Taking Advantage.
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

I am not saying that the seller did not lead people on, but he did not scam anyone either. He clearly stated what the auction was for. For the person to plop down over 100 bucks on something and not read the auction description why blame the seller? I do not condone people cutting the "box top" cards out and trying to sell them for what their not, but the seller sold exactly what he said the item was.

(08-04-2012, 06:55 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: it's easy to tell in these threads who sells alot on ebay and who buys alot on ebay. and this is beyond cutting out the box top and selling it on ebay. This is cutting out a part of the box top, cutting up a frame relic / auto in an attempt to yes SCAM someone into thinking it was an autograph from yu darvish. He went waaaaay out of his way to FORGE an autograph card. and i agree with what someone else said earlier, if I spend alot of money on a card on ebay Im going to read the whole description and do my homework before bidding. But that doesnt make this right. Taking advantage of the dumb/lazy is still Taking Advantage.
[Image: H8Ura.png]
SIGNATURE IMAGE CREATED BY
jbel4331 [ http://www.beckett.com/forums/user-153852.html ]