`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Little selling pet peeve

RE: OT: Little selling pet peeve
Yes sir, unless you have Cutler or Urlacher laying around...

(07-08-2012, 02:18 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Ryan bud....I wish I was....had to take a pension loan and sell my car just so I can have money for rent and have place to live....if I had money, I'd buy everything everyone wanted and give it to them for free.....Smile

Lol.....sorry but some people are just so hard to please......have to buy the stuff they want.....:p....jk
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

Man I have had this problem before too.
I had a guy low ball me and quote ebay prices. When I fixed them by adding the shipping paid in the auctions. He got pissed and said Shipping doesn't count. So I said ok I will sell you the cards for ebay prices but keep them here at my house. Those ebayers didn't ship for free why should I.

Which is funny because I feel the same way when paypal requires you to pay shipping to send back to get a refund. I can see this if its free shipping but not when you paid $3 for shipping to begin with.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37

I just saw no if I have to.
I need HOCKEY: 2005-06/2006-07 SP Authentic Future Watch RC's; FOOTBALL: 2007+20
08 LCM Certified RC's
[Image: FuriousD82.png]

I just say no if I have to.
I need HOCKEY: 2005-06/2006-07 SP Authentic Future Watch RC's; FOOTBALL: 2007+20
08 LCM Certified RC's
[Image: FuriousD82.png]

(07-08-2012, 02:22 PM)rgf17 Wrote: you know i was only messing around man, well about you being made out of money not about every dollar counting to us poor folk. been there myself man. got laid off from a job in 2008 and had nothing so cashed out my 401k. guess whos still paying off the irs for penalties for taking it as one lump sum. yeah, this dumb guy
Figured as much but just wanted to lay my little ....Smile....struggle out there....love to buy the cards just wish I could do so and not worry about all the other depressing stuff....really get ya down sometimes......Sad
(07-08-2012, 02:36 PM)englandhousehold Wrote: Yes sir, unless you have Cutler or Urlacher laying around...
Thank God I DON'T have extras of those guys lying around cause I'd have pleanty of coasters then......:p
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Thank God I DON'T have extras of those guys lying around cause I'd have pleanty of coasters then......:p
[/quote]
HAHA good one Tongue
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

What gets under my skin when trading/selling on different sites, is no one ever wants to make an offer. If someone has a card I want, I ask them what they want for it. I always get "make an offer". No one ever says they would like to get x amount for it. When they do that, I lowball them. It might get under there skin. but Im trying to start a negotiation point. I really dont care for trading/buying online cause its so much back n fourth. There are a few good traders/sellers on boards, but I swear, 90% of them are just trying to make a buisness of the hobby.

On the other hand, when I try to sell, I get told my prices are way too high. I look up a card on ebay and average out the last few sales and go from there.

Just ranting I guess... I try to open up my hobby to something more than Ebay, but its tough.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

(07-08-2012, 11:40 PM)samiamryan Wrote: What gets under my skin when trading/selling on different sites, is no one ever wants to make an offer. If someone has a card I want, I ask them what they want for it. I always get "make an offer". No one ever says they would like to get x amount for it. When they do that, I lowball them. It might get under there skin. but Im trying to start a negotiation point. I really dont care for trading/buying online cause its so much back n fourth. There are a few good traders/sellers on boards, but I swear, 90% of them are just trying to make a buisness of the hobby.

On the other hand, when I try to sell, I get told my prices are way too high. I look up a card on ebay and average out the last few sales and go from there.

Just ranting I guess... I try to open up my hobby to something more than Ebay, but its tough.
i always tell them this when they tell me to make an offer
"its your card and only you know what you have in it and what you need to get out of it so if you cant put a price on it i'll pass"
almost always gets a price out of them
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

Good advice. Ill try that. Sets the mood a little better than a lowball offer.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

Honestly speaking, as a buyer, I don't care what your profit margins are. I just want to get the best deal possible.

Now, as a seller, I can relate to where you are coming from but you have to go into knowing that people are just trying to get the best deal they can. It's just as easy to say no to someone as it is to say yes.
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]