`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Little selling pet peeve

OT: Little selling pet peeve
First off just so everyone doesn't think I am one of those sellers who thinks their cards are gold I'll say I do not. I understand the ups and downs of buying/re-selling. But I will say one thing that has been irritating me lately is low ballers who act as if I should ship for free. I have been selling on other sites and people keep quoting me ebay completed listings and asking for a couple bucks off my prices. If they are gonna quote ebay listings where do they forget that the final price isn't the delivered price, unless of course seller offers free shipping, and all don't? Then they get all in your face (well in you pm's) about how your prices are too high. Does this make sense or am I missing something?

example - one guy today quoted me pricing from ebay on a card that goes for 6 bucks (2 color) normally + shipping, and because it was a one color he wanted it for 3 bucks. so really he wants it for 1 dollar once i pay shipping. on ebay it goes for 6 + shipping, so lets say 8. On the other site he wants it for 3 which would be 1 dollar really after i pay shipping.

and before anyone says to state a shipping price no matter the amount of cards, people will still ask for better prices on the cards because they don't wanna pay shipping.

biggest problem is its not just select few its majority who do this. i always want the best deal but i don't low ball people out of any profit.

ok b!tch over....
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

RE: OT: Little selling pet peeve
As a seller, I agree with your rant, but as a buyer, I understand where he is coming from too. Why pay $8 when you can talk a seller down to $3? That's his 'job' as a buyer... to get what he wants for as little as possible. State your selling rules, then either stand firm or try to work with the buyer... your call.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Yeah like I said I understand wanting to get the best price, I do it myself. But I do also, like my eBay purchases, always factor in shipping with my offer.

Wah wah wah.....lol....:p
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(07-08-2012, 01:36 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Wah wah wah.....lol....:p
Unfortunately Nasser not all of us are made of money like you. Every dollar counts to us poor boys.

(07-08-2012, 01:43 PM)rgf17 Wrote: Unfortunately Nasser not all of us are made of money like you. Every dollar counts to us poor boys.
+1
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(07-08-2012, 01:26 PM)all day baby Wrote: As a seller, I agree with your rant, but as a buyer, I understand where he is coming from too. Why pay $8 when you can talk a seller down to $3? That's his 'job' as a buyer... to get what he wants for as little as possible. State your selling rules, then either stand firm or try to work with the buyer... your call.
I agree ADB. I buy & sell on other sites, and as both a buyer and seller, I try to get the best deal I can. When selling, I dont really mind if a buyer wants to haggle over a price a bit (low ball offers are a completely different story). All in all, as a seller, most of the time I'd rather sell my item at a discounted price than not at all. And yes, I know there are different circumstances to different situations.

Now as a buyer, I have contacted sellers to negotiate a better price. (Usually with BIN items or items that have no bids). I know that the seller wants to get as much as he can for his item, while I'm trying to get it as cheap as I can. I dont low ball people, but I do try to offer fair prices. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it don't. Bottom line, your gonna deal with the bottom feeders no matter where u sell. Jus try not to let it get to you. Smile
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

And that my friend is why I don't even try to sell anymore....I just wait on a really slow trade offer to come through.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(07-08-2012, 01:43 PM)rgf17 Wrote: Unfortunately Nasser not all of us are made of money like you. Every dollar counts to us poor boys.
Ryan bud....I wish I was....had to take a pension loan and sell my car just so I can have money for rent and have place to live....if I had money, I'd buy everything everyone wanted and give it to them for free.....Smile
(07-08-2012, 01:51 PM)englandhousehold Wrote: And that my friend is why I don't even try to sell anymore....I just wait on a really slow trade offer to come through.
Lol.....sorry but some people are just so hard to please......have to buy the stuff they want.....:p....jk
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

(07-08-2012, 02:18 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Ryan bud....I wish I was....had to take a pension loan and sell my car just so I can have money for rent and have place to live....if I had money, I'd buy everything everyone wanted and give it to them for free.....Smile
you know i was only messing around man, well about you being made out of money not about every dollar counting to us poor folk. been there myself man. got laid off from a job in 2008 and had nothing so cashed out my 401k. guess whos still paying off the irs for penalties for taking it as one lump sum. yeah, this dumb guy