`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Umpires

RE: OT: Umpires
(07-09-2012, 05:21 AM)fulltritty Wrote: I think the Umpires this year suck worse than normal. Maybe it's because I have been watching a lot more games this year trying to get my son into baseball. There is no consistency to strike zones night to night or even during the game. I don't know how batters can succeed with the strike zone of some of these umpires. Case in point during last night's Yankees-Red Sox game. When the Yankees were up 3-1 and the Red Sox were threatening, Nova pretty much had to pitch directly over the plate to get a strike. Then when the Yankees were up, Lester was getting strike calls a foot outside (confirmed by pitch track) and he was striking the Yankees out. As soon as the Yankees extended their lead to 5-2, those same foot outside strikes became balls again. I thought when they started installing the cameras to grade umpires on ball and strike calls, that they strike zone would get better, but apparently not as I guess the umpires are not being held accountable.
it's been awful this year. and he's not calling it for both teams, just one. last night was the worst I've ever seen it.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

There has been many of games where the umps have dictated the outcome of the game. And it is going to happen even more as the season goes on. I can't wait ot see how they do in the playoffs too.

(07-09-2012, 01:16 PM)pine tar Wrote: There has been many of games where the umps have dictated the outcome of the game. And it is going to happen even more as the season goes on. I can't wait ot see how they do in the playoffs too.
yeah i was just saying last night how they need robots as umps lol... and heyyy... I LOVE YOUR CHRIS SALE LOL!

Revolving signature

(07-09-2012, 01:28 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: yeah i was just saying last night how they need robots as umps lol... and heyyy... I LOVE YOUR CHRIS SALE LOL!
Lol Thanks I pulled it from my Bowman Sterling Box I had a black refractor I just sold to someone on another board. And this was is available lol

(07-09-2012, 02:01 PM)pine tar Wrote: Lol Thanks I pulled it from my Bowman Sterling Box I had a black refractor I just sold to someone on another board. And this was is available lol
u had the black????????? I really need that 1! how much did u sell it for?

Revolving signature

(07-08-2012, 04:50 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: Everyone please turn on the post game show for the sox, they will show you. Just had to rant.
Assuming everyone gets that channel? Big Grin
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-09-2012, 03:48 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Assuming everyone gets that channel? Big Grin
lol... good point Big Grin

Revolving signature