Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Umpires
Sad 
OT: Umpires
Ok... so I'm watching the sox game and there is so much crap being called. About 30 different pitches the ump called ONLY AGAINST US were strikes. Stats: we walked ten, they walked 4. I am getting so heated right now. We have struck out 7 times because of the the bad calls. It got to the point where everyone started booing. They showed the pitch track for alex rios' count and the count was 2-2. Every pitch was a foot off the plate. He never fouled any off the plate. Robin Ventura just came out and screamed at him. Then everyone started chanting at the ump, "YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK". IT WAS HILARIOUS. I am so mad right now. We would have won the game. (9th inning right now). Everyone please turn on the post game show for the sox, they will show you. Just had to rant.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

RE: OT: Umpires
Eh, I might be motivated to care if it wasnt the Whitesox Tongue
Is this thing on?

the highlight that got me was the security guy trying to grab the fair grounder of the Blue Jays.......whats up with that?!?!?!? Big Grin
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

(07-08-2012, 07:07 PM)shivelycore Wrote: Eh, I might be motivated to care if it wasnt the Whitesox Tongue
lol

(07-08-2012, 07:12 PM)75toppsfan Wrote: the highlight that got me was the security guy trying to grab the fair grounder of the Blue Jays.......whats up with that?!?!?!? Big Grin
I still like when everyone was chanting "YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK, YOU SUCK" LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Revolving signature

Yeah if you get crowd at the cell going dude......look out!! Been to many a game there, even had weekend season tix back in '03. Went to the all star game & everything, good times!!Smile
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

for a funnier clip, watch the replay of when the lighting hit outside the stadium at the rangers game everyone scattered like cockroachers lmao. the twins first base coach hid behind the first base ump! Smile)))))
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

(07-08-2012, 10:32 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: for a funnier clip, watch the replay of when the lighting hit outside the stadium at the rangers game everyone scattered like cockroachers lmao. the twins first base coach hid behind the first base ump! Smile)))))
lol I just watched that was hilarious!!!! I love how the batter just darted off the field Tongue

Revolving signature

yeah the batter, napoli and the homeplate ump all took off without even hesitating hahaha
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

(07-08-2012, 10:53 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: yeah the batter, napoli and the homeplate ump all took off without even hesitating hahaha
yeah they didn't even question what it was, just HOLY CRAP RUN!!!! lol

Revolving signature

I think the Umpires this year suck worse than normal. Maybe it's because I have been watching a lot more games this year trying to get my son into baseball. There is no consistency to strike zones night to night or even during the game. I don't know how batters can succeed with the strike zone of some of these umpires. Case in point during last night's Yankees-Red Sox game. When the Yankees were up 3-1 and the Red Sox were threatening, Nova pretty much had to pitch directly over the plate to get a strike. Then when the Yankees were up, Lester was getting strike calls a foot outside (confirmed by pitch track) and he was striking the Yankees out. As soon as the Yankees extended their lead to 5-2, those same foot outside strikes became balls again. I thought when they started installing the cameras to grade umpires on ball and strike calls, that they strike zone would get better, but apparently not as I guess the umpires are not being held accountable.