`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just starting and would appreciate some help please

Just starting and would appreciate some help please
Hi all, this is my first post and im prety new to the boards.

Im from the U.K but have found a love of baseball and with it card collecting.I started collecting last year and got a few hobby boxes shipped over. The thought of getting game used or some autos in a box of cards is strange at best to us brits so as you can imagine i was like a kid in a candy store....a 27 year old kid. Its near enough impossible to get cards and hobby boxes in the U.K so i would like to know the easiest most pain free way of getting them over here and any recomended companies to use.
Also do many guys on here trade internationally or do i have to depend on a slightly dodgy ebay.

many thanks
jay
[Image: hxYjp.png]

RE: Just starting and would appreciate some help please
Blowout, D&A any of the big online shops should ship overseas. Trading may be a little tougher. It is carzy expensive to ship international with a tracking #, so many traders avoid this. But build up a rep here, make some friends and you will find people willing to trade with you. There are a few active traders here not in the USA.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Welcome to the boards! Some traders, myself included, wouldn't mind trading with you regardless of location (particularly if you have something they need). Word of advice...finish filling out your trade profile. Let everyone know what you are looking for, trade preferences, etc. Also, when you finish entering your cards into the database make sure to make the collection public. That way we can see what cards you are offering. Just make sure that you are communicative when offers come in. As long as folks know up front that shipping will be a little more expensive and take longer, you shouldn't have any problems. Once again, welcome to the hobby and good luck. Cheers mate!

Don
[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.

(05-30-2012, 02:16 PM)jayjay32 Wrote: Hi all, this is my first post and im prety new to the boards.

Im from the U.K but have found a love of baseball and with it card collecting.I started collecting last year and got a few hobby boxes shipped over. The thought of getting game used or some autos in a box of cards is strange at best to us brits so as you can imagine i was like a kid in a candy store....a 27 year old kid. Its near enough impossible to get cards and hobby boxes in the U.K so i would like to know the easiest most pain free way of getting them over here and any recomended companies to use.
Also do many guys on here trade internationally or do i have to depend on a slightly dodgy ebay.

many thanks
jay
Welcome!!! I was the same way when I came back, haha. A 27 year old in a candy store (A reeeaaally expensive candy store) I dont mind shipping overseas typically, nor do many others. Who do ya collect?
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Thanks for the replies, i will take a look at D&A , i do plan on filling my organizer but as im sure you all know its a long and tiresome process Smile . i appreciate the shipping costs but i dont mind paying them if it means getting some cards. Are ther anyone that should be avoided when it comes to trading etc.
I collect braves and dodgers but want to start collecting a player , maybe a rookie , someone on the rise, any suggestions, also thinking of maybe putting together the 2012 heritage set.
Thanks again guys

(05-30-2012, 03:46 PM)jayjay32 Wrote: Thanks for the replies, i will take a look at D&A , i do plan on filling my organizer but as im sure you all know its a long and tiresome process Smile . i appreciate the shipping costs but i dont mind paying them if it means getting some cards. Are ther anyone that should be avoided when it comes to trading etc.
I collect braves and dodgers but want to start collecting a player , maybe a rookie , someone on the rise, any suggestions, also thinking of maybe putting together the 2012 heritage set.
Thanks again guys
Welcome to the forums & happy trading. I remember collecting as a child & the only hit in a box or pack of cards was a RC or Error card. Times have changed that's for sure.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

Welcome Jay! good luck and have fun with the hobby. That heritage set is a great one to build, I love the heritage chrome cards myself!
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE

Thanks for the info and advise everyone, think im going to go with mike stanton and clayton kershaw as well as the heritage set.
Thanks again guys .... wish me luck

(05-30-2012, 02:16 PM)jayjay32 Wrote: Hi all, this is my first post and im prety new to the boards.

many thanks
jay
I have about 100,000 cards I am liquidating. I am trying to get them on the Organize as fast as I can. Let me know if you see/want something ... maybe I have it.

(05-31-2012, 05:33 AM)jayjay32 Wrote: Thanks for the info and advise everyone, think im going to go with mike stanton and clayton kershaw as well as the heritage set.
Thanks again guys .... wish me luck
Good choices! Good luck & keep us posted as your collection grows!
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE