`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just starting and would appreciate some help please

RE: Just starting and would appreciate some help please
Hi guys....just a question relating to JayJay32's....I'm just starting in this Hobby once again(quit around 93-94)and I'm in Canada. Is Trading up here with you guys down there acceptable? Cause I know everyone up here collects mainly Hockey(especially here in Edmonton)and I'm a huge Baseball guy. Thanks!
I collect Edmonton Oilers, Detroit Tigers and Montreal Expos.

welcome to the boards and I know if you had/have Jose Canseco stuff I need I would be more than willing to trade for it regardless of whether you live in Canada or overseas.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

Jayjay32, Welcome to Beckett and the hobby! I just want to say good luck. Take all the advice that has been given so far and always think before you trade. You may come across something that seems fishy and just make sure to use your common sense and follow your instincts. I have made over 200 trades here and only had a problem once, but it was later resolved. Personally, I have never traded overseas so I don't know what the shipping costs are. It doesn't mean I wouldn't do it though. I have traded with Canadians before and try to avoid that b/c the US & Canada mail systems don't seem to get along with each other too well. Wink

(05-30-2012, 05:37 PM)manningsecnumbr1fan Wrote: I remember collecting as a child & the only hit in a box or pack of cards was a RC or Error card. Times have changed that's for sure.
To me, the 'HIT' was if I pulled any Cardinals cards or an insert. Back then, that's all I needed to be happy with my 89 cent pack of cards. Smile
(06-03-2012, 11:07 AM)tigeroil Wrote: Hi guys....just a question relating to JayJay32's....I'm just starting in this Hobby once again(quit around 93-94)and I'm in Canada. Is Trading up here with you guys down there acceptable? Cause I know everyone up here collects mainly Hockey(especially here in Edmonton)and I'm a huge Baseball guy. Thanks!
If you have some Cardinals cards to trade, I have some Tigers. Feel free to check my ORG and send a TO. I rarely trade to Canada b/c the delivery takes so long, but it doesn't mean I won't do it to get some cards I need. My 'white whale' (Ozzie Smith 1979 RC card) came from a trade w/ a member in Vancouver.