`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Getting Screwed, is there anything I can do?

RE: Getting Screwed, is there anything I can do?
Some people are just slow and when a family member of friend ships out it can cause problems. I purchased a high end card recently and didn't hear from the seller for 2 weeks, I thought I was screwed out of the card. The seller finally contacted me and told me that his 12 year old son sold the card to me without letting him know and that it would be shipped out the next day.

If he still is contacting occasionally I wouldn't give up yet.

(05-21-2012, 09:23 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: except 3 NPB and your account gets suspended, and if the seller can prove it is retaliation, he can report it

im sorry, but this is idiotic to do
Ebay doesn't do the 3 strikes and you're out anymore.

I know you can set it up to block buyers with a certain number of filed (that's the key) NPB claims within a certain amount of time though.

(05-21-2012, 11:30 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Ebay doesn't do the 3 strikes and you're out anymore.

I know you can set it up to block buyers with a certain number of filed (that's the key) NPB claims within a certain amount of time though.
apologize for the misinformation. however, the second part is still true: if the seller can prove you are bidding maliciously, they will boot you for that. i dealt with that as a seller last year, and nailed all 5 of the guy's accounts, including his main account (rival seller trying to tarnish my rep)

(05-21-2012, 11:38 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: apologize for the misinformation. however, the second part is still true: if the seller can prove you are bidding maliciously, they will boot you for that. i dealt with that as a seller last year, and nailed all 5 of the guy's accounts, including his main account (rival seller trying to tarnish my rep)
I didn't know about the three strikes and your out rule until recently and only then because someone on another thread here sparked my interest in checking out the rule. Granted, I've only heard about it from other people but it was enough people to convince me. It's apparently now based on a percentage of some sort, though nobody seems to know what the threshold is and I don't think ebay is very forthcoming with that information either.

So with that said, I can't say with 100% certainty that it was abolished but it looks that way and only ebay seems to know what will actually get someone booted in regards to NPB strikes now.

i have to say, this sucks. When I have someone pay me directly through Paypal, I do not have them gift it.
I feel you got ripped off. Its hard to deal with and has happened to me many times.

Id prefer not to be gifted most of the time anyway on paypal. Its much easier for me to print the shipping slip right from home and pay for cheap DC then to drive all the way to the PO and pay more for shipping.

(05-21-2012, 01:32 PM)jblaze1718 Wrote: Id prefer not to be gifted most of the time anyway on paypal. Its much easier for me to print the shipping slip right from home and pay for cheap DC then to drive all the way to the PO and pay more for shipping.
you can still use paypal shipping, but you have to create the order from scratch using multi-order shipping

(05-21-2012, 01:37 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: you can still use paypal shipping, but you have to create the order from scratch using multi-order shipping
I didn't know you could do this. I got paid via gift the other day (even though I didn't ask him to) and I couldn't figure out how to print a shipping label. I ended up paying more for the additional shipping cost at the post office than I saved with the gift payment.
Need the following for my 1986-1995 Barry Larkin collection
(Currently have 477/479):

88 Score Samples #72
95 UD Electric Diamond Gold #405

Please send me a PM if you have any of these!
Interested in buying any other Larkin cards that I don't have as well!!

You need to call Paypal and ask them what to do. But I would fill out a missing package form at the post office. If you determine it was not lost in mail then you can file some type of mail fraud claim. I once had a seller promise me a refund for 6 months, finally I filed a police report online with their local police dept., the detective paid the guy a visit and a few days later and I got a refund in two days!

(05-21-2012, 01:37 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: you can still use paypal shipping, but you have to create the order from scratch using multi-order shipping
I didn't nkow this either! I just googled paypal shipping and found the right link and mailed out a couple trades this way. AWESOME to know!