Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Getting Screwed, is there anything I can do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I purchased a card paying by PAYPAL GIFT, and i never got the card.

It was a $250 card. I normally refuse to pay gift, but I knew he actually did have the card and he has good feedback including 2K+ on ebay w/ no negatives.

After no card for a week I e-mailed him and he said his wife mailed it out and he would check.

Two days later I say, did you find the tracking number. He says no, but I am going to my local post office to see if I get any info.

Another few days later he admits to not having any tracking, but and he will refund my money when his paycheck gets deposited in 3 days.

It now has been 7 days and he has gone dark and no longer replies to e-mails.

What are my options?
At this point I feel my money is gone, I just feeling like winning all of his auctions, not paying just to cause him a headache for a bit to make my self feel better.

Do I have any recourse for getting my money back?
Dude that really sucks. Can't trust anyone these days. I'm not up to date on all the PayPal policies but I'm sure someone on her will know. Hope everything turns out good in the end and the seller makes it right or it was an accident.
My recommendation for the future is NEVER use gift payment. If they are that hard up to avoid the PP fees, then offer to pay a little more to cover the fees. If they say no, then don't deal with them. With gift payment, you have zero recourse.

Did you buy from someone on here?
I gotta be honest, if I were in your shoes, screwing up all his auctions is exactly what I would do. It won't get your money back, but it sure will feel good.
(05-21-2012, 07:04 AM)snoogens1001 Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta be honest, if I were in your shoes, screwing up all his auctions is exactly what I would do. It won't get your money back, but it sure will feel good.
I agree, and since eBay loves their buyers and hates their sellers, he won't even be able to leave you a negative on eBay for not paying. You'll just get an NPB strike and, well, who really cares about that. GET HIM, it'll feel better to dish out justice yourself than to sit around and wait for the universe to do it!

That is true, in the past when I buy off of sites other than eBay I will send a few dollars extra to cover the fees even if they ask for gift. I've got to where I only deal with eBay now cause I like the security of knowing I'm covered.
I guess you chalk it up to Lesson Learned. With all of the horror stories about people getting ripped off, the only way I would send paypal as a gift is if they agreed to ship first. Sorry to hear you got scammed.
He finally e-mailed me back and claims he will make good on my refund by this Friday... Not holding my breath, but maybe I still have a small bit of hope.

I wont do anything to his auctions, maybe he'll use those sales to refund my cash.

Thats for the replies everyone.
(05-21-2012, 07:09 AM)keyser soze Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, and since eBay loves their buyers and hates their sellers, he won't even be able to leave you a negative on eBay for not paying. You'll just get an NPB strike and, well, who really cares about that. GET HIM, it'll feel better to dish out justice yourself than to sit around and wait for the universe to do it!
except 3 NPB and your account gets suspended, and if the seller can prove it is retaliation, he can report it

im sorry, but this is idiotic to do
(05-21-2012, 09:23 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]except 3 NPB and your account gets suspended, and if the seller can prove it is retaliation, he can report it

im sorry, but this is idiotic to do
So you do it to the 2 highest $ ones. There is NO WAY he could prove it was retaliation. What's he gonna do? Forward eBay the email chain proving that he stole $250 from the guy and this is the guys way of getting him back? I agree that it IS idiotic to do, but so is stealing $250 from someone, so I have no problem stooping to his level. You get what you give, but God bless you and your holier-than-thou stance on every issue. Maybe one day I can be like you

Glad the OP heard back from him and hope he gets his money
Pages: 1 2 3 4