`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some Auto set suggestions..

Need some Auto set suggestions..
I never tried to collect a set before so i need some suggestions. Looking at last year or this year but i am a college student so it cant be real expensive. Plmk if you guys have any ideas! Thanks!

RE: Need some Auto set suggestions..
(05-18-2012, 07:55 PM)SMO4213 Wrote: I never tried to collect a set before so i need some suggestions. Looking at last year or this year but i am a college student so it cant be real expensive. Plmk if you guys have any ideas! Thanks!
I started doing some sets in 2007. Some of my favorites and for someone on a budget are Elite Aspirations or Status autos. No patches, but a large selection of rookies other than the RPAs and decent looking. Also affordable most of the year. The base auto set isn't bad, either. I don't usually care for the color scheme of the base set.

Topps Chrome is also good. Unfortunately, after 2011, it's going to be tough and expensive to complete.

I do like the look of the 2011 Elite rc autos. thanks for the input!

Anyone else with ideas?

Make sure the set is reliable in content and has reasonably obtainable SP's.... Also off brands like Press Pass do extreme short printing.. With several cards having less then ten.

I learned my lesson trying to put together a 2007 press pass legends auto set. I snagged 96 of 99 and never found the last three cards....
I sold them as individual auctions and was able to put together three sets of SP Authentic patch autos (with additional cash of course)...

Personally I think sp authentic is your best bet. All print runs are in the 100's, the Patch autos look sweet and only have on card and 34 in the set. 2008 & 2010 were my favorites. (check out big lumps amazing 2010 set)...
Good luck,
Jeff

Good l

Here's my 2010 set if you want to take a look and if you decide on doing it let me know I've got an extra Mardy Gilyard and Golden Tate I'll hook you up with

http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff44...i%20Color/
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

I love the Sp Authentic sets, Im just worried about how id get the more valuable guys like Tebow for example.

Biglump- That set looks so sweet though!

(05-18-2012, 09:21 PM)SMO4213 Wrote: I love the Sp Authentic sets, Im just worried about how id get the more valuable guys like Tebow for example.

Biglump- That set looks so sweet though!
Thanks man, Tebow, Gronkowski, and Bradford are the most pricey the rest are fairly cheap. Just remember with any rookie set there's going to be a few biggies. You could also check out the certified freshman fabric set they big dogs in it got for around $80 and under.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Thats another set I love as well! Thanks for your suggestions, i appreciate it.

Anyone else with ideas not listed?

I'm a fan of SP Authentic as well.....only in the Pro uniforms. The current version is just a glorified college product that is riding the rep of the old SP Authentic. There tends to be a lot of fake patches in this product more than most historically. You are also still limited to the rookies at the rookie premiere signing.

On a college student budget, I'd still lean towards a product with a lot of rookies that is affordable during the season and after, like Elite. I put together the 2010 Aspirations auto set (in my photobucket). There were 84 rookies in the set. The only player not to sign was Kyle Wilson (who did have base autos).

It's a nice looking set which has a lot of players that were rookie stars that weren't invited to the Rookie Premiere like Aaron Hernandez, Jacoby Ford, Jason Pierre-Paul, James Starks, Antonio Brown and LaGarrette Blount.

That set is so pretty to look at. BTW those elite black autos you have are so nice!