`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite set of all time?

Favorite set of all time?
If you had to choose your favorite set of all time, what would it be? What is the big hit out of that set that you would flip out over? For me it would have to be either 1993 Topps Finest or 2005 Donruss Greats. I would have loved to get a Ruth bat or jersey from that set.

RE: Favorite set of all time?
2001 Fleer Genuine (Look at the Names of the Game line up). The Material Issue and Final cut ain't too bad either.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

Edit you meant All Time and how about one for each Decade too?
1888 Old Judge
1909-1911 T-206 ( of course this one is my pick)
1914 General Baking
1922 American Caramel
1933 Goudey
1948 Bowman
1952 Topps
1962 Topps
1973 Topps
1982 Topps
1993 SP
2001 Bowman Chrome
2011 Triple Threads
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

My favorite is 1987 Topps. That set is basically worthless, but it's got a lot of sentimental value for me.

My grandmother gave me the Green Christmas set for Christmas that year for Christmas. That was the first baseball cards I ever collected/were given. I still have that set in my office at home.

So it doesn't have much value, doesn't have many big names and comes from an era when they put up billions and bilions of cards. But to me, it's priceless and will always be my favorite.

Many would disagree but my favorite set of all-time is the 1970 Topps set. I like it mostly for sentimental reasons as that's the year I started collecting and the first complete set I put together. Sure it has bland gray borders but full card photos and any set that has over 40 HOFers in it has to be pretty good. Inserts were little comic books and folded superstar posters. Nothing fantastic there but the top cards in that set were the high number stars like Pete Rose, Nolan Ryan, Willie Mays and Frank Robinson.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

1953 Bowman Color. That set is what a baseball card should be in its purest form.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

1986 Topps for sentimental reasons. Always takes me back to buying packs with my Dad.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

(04-24-2012, 04:07 PM)kata78 Wrote: 1986 Topps for sentimental reasons. Always takes me back to buying packs with my Dad.
'86 was a pretty awesome year Smile

Here are mine currently:

1911 t205 Gold Border
1949 Leaf
1952, 1955, 1956, 1962 Topps
1989 Upper Deck
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

1989 Upper Deck is my sentimental one. It's what got me started and also my first set I collected.

1982 Topps for me - was the first year I bought cards in quantity

I kind of like the 1981 Dondruss as well - I believe that if you made photocopies of those cards people would quickly catch them as phonies because copy paper is too good of quality.