`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite set of all time?

RE: Favorite set of all time?
I will have to go with 1965 and 1968. There was something about those cards when I started collecting in the late 80s that I wanted to get them. Such classic and unique designs. Thanks to God for giving me the chance to finish those sets. Also, the '87 topps is one that I will always like, since I started collecting that year.

I always liked the '71 Topps.'55 Topps are a close 2nd.

1969 Topps Master set including white letter variations. This was the first set that I put together card by card after beginning with a lot of about 150 commons. The 1969 Mickey Mantle card with the white letter variation is the pinnacle card of the set. It took me three years to complete this set, and is the pride and joy of my pc.
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

1978 topps...first set i collected as a kid,

2001 something...maybe fleer legacy...or 2001 donruss (base set is meh, but the inserts are great) or 2001 sp game used edition (i remember when the mcgriff bat was a 100 dollar SP, and phil nevin was even 75-80)

1991 Score was the first set I ever put together, but my favourite set of all-time is the 2010 Allen & Ginter Set. In a close second would be the 2011 Topps inserts.
[Image: 6045468b2.png]

86 of 100 2011 Topps RC's completed, excluding printing plates.
2 of 18 One of One's
1 Allen & Ginter Yellow Printing Plate

I am sorta working on my favorite set which is 1956 Topps. I just love the paintings on these I have been able to aquire the mathews and burdette for decent prices. The other favorite I have is 1997 Bowman Chrome the first of the Chrome sets. Have the whole thing too. Last is believe it or not Bowman's Best 1995. I have a good portion of this set but got rid of alot of the star rookies and vets in it.

2006 Upper Deck Epic. I absolutely love the design, it just calls my name.
[Image: pU8rB.jpg]

2006 Upper Deck Epic Base 19/300
Starling Marte, Bill Mazeroski, Ralph Kiner, Neil Walker, Jason Kendall

THANKS TOPPS!

'92 Bowman - brings back memories of the early '90s
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

ofcourse for me it's the 1975 set, with all the different color combos I always enjoy looking at the cards. Plus I think having a mini set too is kind of neat. My 2nd is the 1972 topps set and my 3rd is the 1973 set.
[Image: 3x75s.png]
a big shout out to jbel4331 for the AWESOME '75 cards!!
PC:TRIBUTE & HERITAGE & CHROME.GRADED '75 TOPPS & VINTAGE