`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Another EBay Issue

RE: Another EBay Issue
Thanks for ones that thought I did nothing wrong as this was my auction he was talking about, for the ones that do think I did well you are entitled to your opinion as well. No hard feelings towards you guys either.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(03-13-2012, 12:03 AM)Patrick_cpg Wrote: I did get an update from the seller on why he changed it so hopefully I can work something out with him.
why did he change it?
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

(03-12-2012, 11:21 PM)Krangry Wrote: If you dont want it to get stolen set a reserve, if you dont want to buck up for a reserve dont put it up for an auction, that is what the BiN / obo function is for.
+1. A reserve is the correct way to hedge against a low bid - you can't and shouldn't have it both ways - the benefits of attracting more to a sincere auction format and the ability to end it without consequence.

I doubt a seller would ever email a winning bid telling them that the bid went BEYOND what you were expecting and that you were ending the bid early because of it.

And while it may be within a seller's right to end it early, I still think that it should be tracked and be part of their feedback. Not negative feedback, just part of their selling habits. IMHO

Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

I have worked it out with him. Thanks to England for working with me.
Matt Holliday Refractors -75/162 - 46.3%
2006 UC Ensemble Triple Auto 69/87 - 79.0%
2007 UD Future Stars Triple Auto 11/18 - 61.0%
2007 SS Dual Auto Brwn Glv/Blk Ink 7/34 - 20.5%
[Image: TXqak.png]

Hey thank you brother.

(03-13-2012, 12:25 AM)Patrick_cpg Wrote: I have worked it out with him. Thanks to England for working with me.
[Image: Hof_zpsa29cd41a.png]

If you smoke in your home, please don't trade me.

(03-12-2012, 11:10 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: he's a trader here on beckett by the same screen name. maybe you can work out a trade with him. And it's not against the rules to do this.

I pulled a couple of cards 2-3 days ago because they weren't going for what I wanted. When I list auctions, if it isn't near what I want, I will end it with 12 hours and a minute left. It's my card and I can hold it. I'm not going to get it taken away from me for nothing. So that's my choice.
Don't you know the last 5 minutes is where all the bids come from. I personally list mine at the lowest I will sell something at and the ones I don't care about I list low and I don't care what it sells for. The point here looks like he was not getting good offers so e pulled it.
(03-12-2012, 11:21 PM)Krangry Wrote: If you dont want it to get stolen set a reserve, if you dont want to buck up for a reserve dont put it up for an auction, that is what the BiN / obo function is for.
Setting reserves cost extra money so that why you list it at the lowest price you will sell it for.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Yep I agree, that is what a reserve is for. I think you have the right to do it,it just dosent sit right with me. It is dirty any way you look at it. Auction style is always a risk, and like Chris I agree all the bids come in at the end anyways. If there had not been any bids on it, that's one thing to end it and do a BIN, but to let people bid, and then say sorry I wasted your time and hope, but that is not enough money for me so I am canceling it and you offer me more $ to try and get it, is wrong. I stay away form sellers like that, and I also agree it should be public knowledge for buyers that is how they sell.

(03-13-2012, 12:53 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Don't you know the last 5 minutes is where all the bids come from. I personally list mine at the lowest I will sell something at and the ones I don't care about I list low and I don't care what it sells for.
Ditto...I start the auction at the price I AM WILLING to sell at and if it gets more, great.
Risky starting a $30 card at $0.99 getting 6 bids and selling for $2.66.
I would start a card like that at $9.09 and BIN of $30 and be satisified if the cards sells at $9.09...
Sometimes I do not get bids because of the starting price, but then I hold the card or trade it etc...
If I wanted to give cards away, then I would have no problem starting at $0.99.
Some start the cards low and then charge $4 shipping...and do not combine shipping to make up for it..
I think that is a poor business model personally..