`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another PWE Story....

RE: Yet Another PWE Story....
I charge $2.50 for shipping unless the item sells for over $25 then usually I give free shipping. Everything I ship goes into a penny sleeve and then into a top loader. I tape a penny sleeve over the top of the toploader to keep the card inside and then tape a card board dummy insert to either side of the toploader. If its more than 3 or 4 cards I use team bag and secure the cards so they can't move around. I've never had a negative for shipping or had someone complain. I usually don't charge for combining shipping either as long as its only a few cards.

This is why I hate working for the USPS.

I work at a Priority mail facility here in PA and I can not begin to tell you the horrible packaging ways I see for baseball cards and other collectibles. I get depressed when I see it really.

I've had a few recent PWE mailings to me with baseball cards but I know that they will be getting sorted at my facility which does not CRUSH mail, so I'm ok with PWE's.

That's exactly what happened to yours, it was sent on a machine which has this HUGE roller that "speeds" the mail on the belt then goes into the corresponding 5 digit zip bin. This machine is made specifically for flat pieces of mail. If the piece of mail is even remotely thick all contents are crushed and damaged.

Sorry to hear about the damaged card. Just next time slap seller with neg feedback for poor packaging.

If I am paying $2+ for shipping, I ALWAYS expect a bubble mailer, top loader and a penny sleeve. Which most of First Class Mail is just that. Standard mail is mostly PWE's.

I go out of my way on shipping just because I work for the USPS and know how certain stuff gets handled so any thing I sell, I offer free shipping regardless of the cost and I put the card in a sleeve, top loader, 2 pieces of cardboard, bubble wrap package, THEN put that into a priority mail small flat rate box which also has bubble wrap inside of it.

I charge $2 for shipping routinely. Items over $20 value are free shipping.
Card is penny sleeved, top loaded and placed in team bag. The team bag is tapped with pressure to stop card from moving in top loader, the top loader is NOT TAPED..which is another thread and problem. Rigid cardboard is taped to the team bag and then the paper invoice is folded and taped to team bag and then a small popcorn Styrofoam is tapped to the paper to give it bulk.....1-2 cards packed this way without the Styrofoam "bump" can still be sorted. If it is thin enough they are going to machine the envelope to save time, regardless of the postage paid.
Then Paypal label taped to padded 000 envelope and then the address portion taped across in case it gest wet and the ink runs.

All this for 1-5 cards is 3 oz and $1.64 postage. So, it costs about $2 for me and that is what I charge. Get all the supplies in large bulk and low cost...
Do not go to PO, it is picked up at home.

This is the same way I do trades, big and small. So..kinda what I expect in return...

I don't do ebay yet (and after all these sotries im hearing probably never) but can't you specifiy or remind them to send it the way you want it to be sent?
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

anytime a PWE is used a toploader should be used...i just don't understand how some sellers still don't get that...also higher value cards need to go in a Bubble mailer as should all GU/Autographs...It really doesn't take that much extra effort to make sure things get mailed correctly.
Thumbs Up 
(03-08-2012, 12:50 PM)rrd111 Wrote: anytime a PWE is used a toploader should be used...i just don't understand how some sellers still don't get that...also higher value cards need to go in a Bubble mailer as should all GU/Autographs...It really doesn't take that much extra effort to make sure things get mailed correctly.
that's in a nutshell
and i agree
Wink
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?