`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another PWE Story....

RE: Yet Another PWE Story....
(03-06-2012, 06:34 PM)giants1957 Wrote: Satisfy?
The card wasn't damaged,and that's what mattered.

Don't trade with list:dorkypunkrockerguy,newbieredsfan

(03-06-2012, 06:48 PM)esa0315 Wrote: The card wasn't damaged,and that's what mattered.
That is the problem, I got the card ok, so it is ok..no..it will fail sometime and that person will be hurting $$ for that type of shipping. Just because the card got to you ok, is a crap shoot...it is not what matters, the seller is cutting corners until they are forced to do the right thing..

They will continue to do poor shipping like this unless you make the point that a hi $$ card is not supposed to be shipped this way.

It was free ship, so the feedback is not available to you, but state exactly the shipping in the feedback dialogue..

Why would they change??? No one makes a fuss, so they are positively reinforced to continue shipping this way

Honestly if I do free shipping and its under $4.00 I am going to send it in a PWE but in a holder with cardboard wrpped around it. Cost 85 cent to ship this way and its to stiff to ship for regular shipping and I have not had a problem. But if it goes over $5.00 I do the whole bubble wrap and DC through paypal. But if he charged you $3.00 for shipping he should of protected it better. I would leave a negative feedback and contact ebay to be refunded.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(03-06-2012, 06:10 PM)Vols-1 Wrote: Leave a negative so others won't get ripped off.
+1!!
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

I've been selling on Ebay for over a dozen years and continue to hear of sellers sending in a PWE. I would never send out an item without a bubblemailer, sleeve and toploader even if the card sold for under $1 and I don't charge $3 s/h. Its up to you as buyers to stop this by sending out negative feedback. You need to warn other of this stupid practice.

(03-07-2012, 08:00 PM)bupps Wrote: I've been selling on Ebay for over a dozen years and continue to hear of sellers sending in a PWE. I would never send out an item without a bubblemailer, sleeve and toploader even if the card sold for under $1 and I don't charge $3 s/h. Its up to you as buyers to stop this by sending out negative feedback. You need to warn other of this stupid practice.
+ 1.....i think they do that to make money on shipping too
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

I've gotten in the habit of emailing sellers asking how the card will be shipped before I bid on an item. If I'm paying $2.50 for shipping I expect the card to be packaged securely in a top loader and a bubble mailer.

also when i do trades here....i pay $2+ to mail for my trades
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

I have no problem with PWE if shipping is 1 dollar or less and the card is packaged securely with protection. I ship PWE for cheap cards on ebay but I state in the auctions and give the option for the buyer to pay extra for bubble mailer. I also tape the toploader to a nice rigid thick dummy card so someone would have to really really try to bend it. People seem to have the illusion that bubble mailers protect cards. If you just put the card in a toploader and put it in a bubble mailer it can still get bent in half or stepped on or whatever. Always protect cards with more than a flimsy toploader and it will be fine unless someone is just being destructive, in which case it doesn't matter how you package it.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(03-07-2012, 08:00 PM)bupps Wrote: I've been selling on Ebay for over a dozen years and continue to hear of sellers sending in a PWE. I would never send out an item without a bubblemailer, sleeve and toploader even if the card sold for under $1 and I don't charge $3 s/h. Its up to you as buyers to stop this by sending out negative feedback. You need to warn other of this stupid practice.
Do you charge for shipping? I did and always shipped with a bubble wrap till I recieved 5 negitives in a 3 moth span 3 of being the same person for charging $3.00 for shipping. This was before I bought my scale and I was not using paypal and was paying 50 cent per bubble wrap envalope. So my shipping cost was $2.51 with DC at the post office 50 cent for bubble wrap and they got the card in a penny sleave in a holder with the topp with plastic and tape over it. So I was paying over $3.00 and asking the guy who left me 3 negitives he told me that if I charged him a penny he was going to leave me a 2 star feedback. So now I do free shipping though its to late as I am treated like a new guy where I have to wait for the money I sold the card for. But its pointless to ship a $3.00 card in a $1.64 now paypal printed package slip in my 8 cent bubble mailer and still get charge for ebay and paypal fees. Your looking at more than likely less than a $1.00 profit. But this is also why I try not to sell things that are cheap and if I do I just put them in a lot form. So I can get $5.00 to $10.00 if not more and I will not have to worry about shipping in a PWE. Its the same way with trading for me as it has to be worth putting in a bubble mailer so I try to make a minimim trade of $20.00 worth of cards. If we can't come up with $20.00 worth of cards I ask them how they feel about a PWE as long as you protect it really well which I do with penny sleeve, holder, and cardboard around both sides and taped with plastic so the card dose not move around. This cost me 85 cent as its to thick and can't go through the normal machines so it goes through the no bendable machies. This has worked the few times I have done it. But for you to say you send in a bubble mailer for even the dollar cards means you charge for shipping and I hope you don't run into one of those guys I did as he left a positive feedback but knock me on my shipping prices.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]