`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Upper Deck almost done?

RE: Is Upper Deck almost done?
Well we are a hobby store and the Financing date for SPGU is 3-27 I will stop back buy after that and let you guys know if they took payment for it. They take payment for product 2 weeks before drop date.

we see what happens....
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I believe whatever happens to Upper Deck (and they deserve it), that there will always be another company ready to jump in to make a stab at making some cards (and money). It appears there is enough profit in making sports cards for a company to take on the challenge.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

I think they are about done and it is really bad news for Hockey cards as their product was always the best out there...when we are left with just Panini it will stink....

[Image: arod.gif]

agree with everyone who says an only panini hockey card market will SUCK!!

(03-24-2012, 05:18 PM)shotsavereboundscore Wrote: agree with everyone who says an only panini hockey card market will SUCK!!
I was in a chat with someone from them last night. he knows his stuff so we see what happens

(03-24-2012, 11:58 AM)arod1973 Wrote: I think they are about done and it is really bad news for Hockey cards as their product was always the best out there...when we are left with just Panini it will stink....
I agree that 1 company the product will suck. I am not a UD fan so I hope either Topps or ITG gets back into the market. I am biased but ITG makes better GU'd but the design is lacking. With a NHL license they can improve upon that.

[Image: scan0004-1-1.jpg] [Image: scan0005-1-1.jpg]
Collecting; Flyers-Red Wings-Brodeur-Cujo-Hasek-Shanahan, 04-05 Franchises Memorabilia

1.)It is not UD and their products,it comes down to Richard McWilliams, how this guys still has a job is beyond me. Not sure how the ownership/share thing works at UD, but he is the #1 reason why UD is in so much trouble.
2.)Panini needs to stick to soccer, or understand the different sports. Dominion was a fantastic product, especially for a first year release. We need some fresh blood with street experience running a shop, or a collector who can make them understand what people want. The Muirs etc. are now high and mighty and have lost sight of the hobby. Him leaving was unfortunate, but needed to be done. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes and changes may be in the works, but who knows.

Just my 2 cents worth peeps!

(03-24-2012, 06:07 PM)rippinwax Wrote: 1.)It is not UD and their products,it comes down to Richard McWilliams, how this guys still has a job is beyond me. Not sure how the ownership/share thing works at UD, but he is the #1 reason why UD is in so much trouble.
2.)Panini needs to stick to soccer, or understand the different sports. Dominion was a fantastic product, especially for a first year release. We need some fresh blood with street experience running a shop, or a collector who can make them understand what people want. The Muirs etc. are now high and mighty and have lost sight of the hobby. Him leaving was unfortunate, but needed to be done. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes and changes may be in the works, but who knows.

Just my 2 cents worth peeps!
Yea McWilliams showed up at a court date when the where being sued by Jabbar and he was total wasted an incoherrent. Just sad.
(03-24-2012, 06:06 PM)mq13 Wrote: I agree that 1 company the product will suck. I am not a UD fan so I hope either Topps or ITG gets back into the market. I am biased but ITG makes better GU'd but the design is lacking. With a NHL license they can improve upon that.
ITG will not get back in unless Topps or Panini buys them as they just do not have the cash flow upfront for a license.

I would like to see Topps are even Panini buy UD but have the NHL say that they have to keep the Upper Deck lines of product going.
Such as Black diamond, SP GU, SPx, SP authentic, OPC Etc

(03-24-2012, 08:52 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: I would like to see Topps are even Panini buy UD but have the NHL say that they have to keep the Upper Deck lines of product going.
Such as Black diamond, SP GU, SPx, SP authentic, OPC Etc
correct me if i am wrong but didn't UD try to buy tops way back when?