`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Braun suspension overturned

RE: Braun suspension overturned
I took a piss test for a job plenty of times, and not once was I allowed to flush the toilet or wash my hands. If someone says it is OK for the person who adminstered the test to take my piss home, then something is wrong. I have seen them put the tamper proof tape on the lid, and put it in a baggie and seal that. And that was just for a job, does a major sport do LESS than that? Amazing!!

(02-23-2012, 07:56 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: you are wildly off, if you actually did some reading (provided in this thread)

baseball is pissed off. really pissed

the independent arbitrator is being called out by name by MLB.

Braun's lawyers got him off by questioning the chain of custody and collection procedures and that the test was handled by the same program that does the Olympic testing. I know a little bit about chain of custody and it is surprising to me that the procedures for that program would be lax. in fact, i can say with fairly good confidence that it most probably ISNT lax
You need to open your eyes baseball if you think baseball is pissed off. The only thing baseball cares about is our dollars. You suspend the MVP for 50 games and how is that going to look on an already tainted game.
Looking for Cardinal Autos, Kaleb Cowart, Sweet Spot Autos

http://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz276/RANDYK72/

[Image: 004-1.jpg]

I think Matt Kemp was really the courier....I am just glad this is over with and we can get back to baseball.
[Image: braunsig.png]

How can half of you guys be still accusing the guy. The American way has always been "innocent until proven guilty". He argued from the get go, then all these facts come out. The courier took it home, he was in meds, etc. This is all to much for me. Someone had a hand in this and tried to tamper with something. Nobody just gets this lucky. Braun said he was innocent and wasn't gonna rest until he was cleared. I gotta believe he was.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(02-23-2012, 05:25 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: http://m.jsonline.com/140213003.htm?ua=android&dc=smart

it wasnt a unanimous decision
This article contains no details as to how the panel arrived at its decision to overturn the suspension. Making it completely uninformative, other than to say it was a 2-1 vote for exoneration.

(02-23-2012, 09:36 PM)randall617 Wrote: This article contains no details as to how the panel arrived at its decision to overturn the suspension. Making it completely uninformative, other than to say it was a 2-1 vote for exoneration.
which is why i linked another article below that one
(02-23-2012, 09:12 PM)cardsfest Wrote: You need to open your eyes baseball if you think baseball is pissed off. The only thing baseball cares about is our dollars. You suspend the MVP for 50 games and how is that going to look on an already tainted game.
baseball doesnt control an independent arbitrator

To argue that Braun got off on a technicality and that he has not proven his innocence is ignorant of the testing procedures and the importance of maintaining proper protocols to ensure the integrity of the sample. If protocols are not followed the results of the test are suspect and therefor worthless. If this is what Braun challenged and the mutually agreed upon arbiters agreed (2-1) with his argument then he is innocent. If the evidence against Braun is thrown out, MLB doesn't have a case.
I have had a few drug tests for employment, all taken at the same lab. Each time they have handled the sample differently. If I had failed one of the tests, I would have had a reasonable challenge against the results because protocols were not followed consistently.
When it comes to drug testing, protocols must be followed. It is the same as the police obtaining evidence without following proper procedures. However, fluid samples for drug testing must be handled properly so the sample does not degrade. Degraded samples could give false positives or false negatives. This is not a technicality.
(02-23-2012, 09:54 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: which is why i linked another article below that one

baseball doesnt control an independent arbitrator
Didn't see the USA Today link, thanks. I still want to see why a sample that sits in the refrigerator would show more testosterone than a fresh sample. I skipped most of my physiology lectures so I don't know what hormone would break down and be read as testosterone.

Regardless of the circumstances of why the suspension was overturned it still doesn't change the fact that he cheated and he failed a drug test. Ok fine dude should've drove to the Fed Ex store to make sure they were closed whatever but Brauns piss sitting in a fridge for 2 days doesn't change the fact that it had a banned substance in it. The seal on the cup wasn't tampered with and the specimen was completely unaltered.

Braun is a cheater who got off on a technicality. He's still dirty in my eyes and will be in the eyes of a lot of people. What ticks me off is people are now acting like he's some kinda cult hero because he took on the man and won totally forgetting that he cheated by taking a banned substance.

Nobody has ever shown up with a possitive test for Bonds but yet everyone is ready to burn him at the stake but yet Braun actually does have a failed test and he's the hero of the world. I just don't get people anymore.

The arbitrator has 30 days to produce his statement as to why he sided with braun. I heard on espn that many players have tried to argue chain of custody to the panel with no success. There is a HEAVY burden on the player to prove is innocence in one form or the other, which is why mlb is 11- 0 in appeals.

This is not just some fluke technicality where he weaseled his way out of it, this system is set up this way with the intention of NOT letting players who are guilty get off. Braun will address the media friday, and then the arbitrators statement will go a long way in who believes braun.

Personally, i find it hard to believe that the guy would demand an immediate retest and pass it so soon after the other one.

(02-23-2012, 09:12 PM)cardsfest Wrote: You need to open your eyes baseball if you think baseball is pissed off. The only thing baseball cares about is our dollars. You suspend the MVP for 50 games and how is that going to look on an already tainted game.
I AGREE WITH YOU 100%