`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any?

RE: Topps Venezuelans - Do you have any?
Oh, wow, those Aaron's are clean. I dare to ask how much you got them for. Do you already have the 72 In Action Aaron? I've noticed those are notoriously off center, like really bad.

I don't mind telling you, because they were pretty good deals. The 72 was the highest at $27.55 but when packaged with the 73 at 6.55 and the 74 at 13.55, I thought I came out pretty well. That 74 is a tough one too.

I do have the 72 IA graded a BVG 6 due to the centering, like you said.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

You made out like a bandit! If you're looking for the In Action, they've got a couple of decent one's on ebay right now. I'd get them myself, but I already blew my budget on some 62's and other odd cards. Next budget is all VZ. :-)

(01-06-2016, 11:18 PM)goodgod1979 Wrote: You made out like a bandit! If you're looking for the In Action, they've got a couple of decent one's on ebay right now. I'd get them myself, but I already blew my budget on some 62's and other odd cards. Next budget is all VZ. :-)
Good luck on the OPCs and VZs, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you.
Twitter: @Coimbre21 - Collecting Carl Yastrzemski Topps, Jimmie Foxx, 1966 Topps Venezuelan, 2010 Topps Tribute HOF Relics & Autos, L.A. Rams Autos

(01-06-2016, 11:33 PM)coimbre 21 Wrote: Good luck on the OPCs and VZs, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you.
Thanks! I appreciate that.

Just got some new Braves VZs in the mail today, and suffice it to say I am very pleased. They aren't in the best shape, but they're perfect for my collection. Sorry for the size of the pics.

[Image: IMG_1010_zps6xcubtxb.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1004_zpsgmsxhkua.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1011_zpsxjvnhobx.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1008_zpsc9ylcxi2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1009_zpsdlooztm4.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1012_zpsrvbzgrht.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1006_zpsvncdtnqq.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1007_zpsnj7b1k78.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1005_zpska4qyptw.jpg]

All great cards. If you look at the PSA registries for the 1964 and earlier, you'll see that overall grades aren't very high and 68s are pretty hard to come by. Nice acquisitions. I have about 37 1964s in my Beckett registry and the average overall grade is barely a 4.

By the way, that apparent stain on Torre's face is actually a glue mark from the wrapper. The cards came in paper wrappers which were glued closed. Usually you'll see paper stuck to the card in that shape or it's one of the reasons why you'll see paper loss on the front or back similar to that shape. This is one has neither affecting the image, just a little residue.

Thanks for all the info, very fascinating. The fact that they're beat up is something I really like about them and probably the main reason why they're so cheap even though they're so rare. Knowing now that the 68's are hard to come by I'm feel fortunate that I have 12 of the 17 possible in the team set. Here's how I'm looking so far...

1959: 2 of 12
1960: 12 of 12
1962: 4 of 9
1964: 16 of 17 (Just missing the Aaron)
1966: 14 of 18
1967: 1 of 5
1968: 12 of 17

There are some 59's on ebay that I don't have, but they're all slabbed and he's asking for WAY more than I can spend. The same can be said for the 68's. Right now there are 3 of the 4 that I don't have on ebay, but again, the seller is asking for WAY more than I can spend. So, there's hope that I can come close to completing the sets. Hopefully when my tax return rolls around they'll still be available and the seller's will be willing to swing some deals.
On the hunt for ungraded Braves Topps base cards from 1951 to 1967, EX-MT or better, VZ and OPC included.

Actually found a few of the yaz's have the 64 regular and batting leaders , 66 regular and batting leader , 68 yaz homers and 77 as well now just need the 60 the sox sluggers from 64 the 67 and the leaders and regular from 68 and the 72 that may be a pipe dream , actually considering putting a 77 set together

I wouldn't get discouraged about your odds. Over the last couple of months I've picked up quite a few Braves VZs. I've really been meaning to post them, but I keep forgetting. After seeing your post I may just post them later today.
On the hunt for ungraded Braves Topps base cards from 1951 to 1967, EX-MT or better, VZ and OPC included.