`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another sad story about tape, this one took the cake !

RE: Another sad story about tape, this one took the cake !
(02-05-2012, 09:28 PM)shezdoni Wrote: You got this from topps today? Uh huh, righttttt,

WOW some people are just rude right ?? Is it now a crime to pick up your mail on Sunday because my wife was to sick to for me to leave the house yesterday and get the mail ??

(02-05-2012, 07:35 PM)jnjbj Wrote: That sucks. How is your wife doing?
Having a rough couple of days, thank you so much for asking. She is a strong lady and has some great people praying for her and on their thoughts ! Thanks guys

(02-05-2012, 09:42 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I bet he redeemed it from Topps's Diamond Giveaway.
I did, got a bunch of my die cuts in the mail today to. That was awesome I think I have like 15 more to go !
(02-05-2012, 10:17 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Delivered on a Sunday?
I checked my box today! I guess some people needed me to explain it very carefully, I went to my mailbox today because I could not leave my wife yesterday and got my Saturday's mail and this was in it, it was delivered Saterday, but I did not check it until today. Hope you guys understand all that, if you need more help please pm me and I will do my best to explain hoe the mail works and how people can really check their boxes when ever they want/need to.
(02-05-2012, 10:38 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Well, I'll let him speak for himself, but I believe he was out of town recently tending to some family concerns. (it's been posted by Jake elsewhere, so I'm not divulging personal details). In any event, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt here. -More to the point, this card would have been one of the nicer vintage pulls condition-wise if it hadn't been for the tape residue. Most of the 50s cards I've seen from the DG site have been pretty rough. The corners centering on this one seem quite decent from the scan. It's too bad Topps doesn't have a "vault" of old pristine cards that it uses for the DG. I imagine Topps contracts with vendors for cards in bulk and doesn't care too much about the condition.
Thanks buddy for having enough common since to figure it put..lmao..
Yeah I was really bummed about the tape. I think your right about the vendors to. I have gotten way better cards from this giveaway then the million dollar one. Those were all in terrible condition. Some have been mint, others a little shabby.
(02-05-2012, 11:33 PM)ande_23 Wrote: +1

While I can see this type of thing bringing a question...in this case I'd say it is a bit off base to do so...
Thanks buddy. I had no idea it was now a crime to get your mail on Sunday...lol.. I guess some people are used to dealing with liars or something .. Don't get it at all.
(02-05-2012, 11:45 PM)lobos1974 Wrote: So I guess no human has ever not gotten their mail on Saturday and instead retrieved Saturday's deliver on a Sunday? I would guess it happens quite often.
Or some people are not smart enough to figure put you can do that ? Lol.. Or petty enough to make an issue and destroy a persons thread because they had nothing better to do than be petty ? Thanks for pointing out the obviouse for those who needed it pointed put .
(02-06-2012, 12:08 AM)djohn Wrote: That sucks. I really hate that Topps didn't do any quality control on the cards used for the Diamond Giveaway, and similar for the Million Card Giveaway last year.
Yeah I was kinda bummed, the card has good corners and nice centering, but I do have to say the cards were better that I have gotten than the ones from million, those were almost all trashed out bad. Like poor in BV conditioning.
(02-06-2012, 12:13 AM)randall617 Wrote: I received a '77 card from the giveaway that looked like it went through the wash. It went right in the trash. Most of the '70's cards I got from the giveaway looked as bad as the cards my brother and I had when we were dumb kids and treated them like poker cards.
Yyeah I have gotten a few bad ones, but most in pretty good shape this year. I loved this card until I pulled it out of the top loader.

It is Monday and I have not been to the mailbox since Thursday... I guess these actions are punishable by death. Hahaha. Plus I might have a votto waiting for me! Always can add an extra family on the prayer list (:

I have received some pretty poor cards through the Topps giveaway..
[Image: toppdcrapsent.jpg]

I was disappointed with the cards I got from the diamond give away. I was really looking forward to adding a card from the 60's and 70's. When I got them they looked like ***** and like someone sneezed all over them.

My first foray into the quality control topps has..or lack thereof.