`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another sad story about tape, this one took the cake !

Another sad story about tape, this one took the cake !
[Image: ba4d3dd9.jpg]

I got this from topps today. I am sure it was hung on some kids wall for a long time, and I do think it gives it a story or personality, but it sure ate the BV !!

RE: Another sad story about tape, this one took the cake !
That sucks. How is your wife doing?
If you have less than 25 trades. I ask that you ship first!
Collecting RC's / Prospects / USA / Aflac & Mike Stanton......
[Image: Scan1-1.jpg]

You got this from topps today? Uh huh, righttttt,
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(02-05-2012, 09:28 PM)shezdoni Wrote: You got this from topps today? Uh huh, righttttt,
I bet he redeemed it from Topps's Diamond Giveaway.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(02-05-2012, 09:42 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I bet he redeemed it from Topps's Diamond Giveaway.
Delivered on a Sunday?

(02-05-2012, 10:17 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Delivered on a Sunday?
Well, I'll let him speak for himself, but I believe he was out of town recently tending to some family concerns. (it's been posted by Jake elsewhere, so I'm not divulging personal details). In any event, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt here. -More to the point, this card would have been one of the nicer vintage pulls condition-wise if it hadn't been for the tape residue. Most of the 50s cards I've seen from the DG site have been pretty rough. The corners centering on this one seem quite decent from the scan. It's too bad Topps doesn't have a "vault" of old pristine cards that it uses for the DG. I imagine Topps contracts with vendors for cards in bulk and doesn't care too much about the condition.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(02-05-2012, 10:38 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Well, I'll let him speak for himself, but I believe he was out of town recently tending to some family concerns. (it's been posted by Jake elsewhere, so I'm not divulging personal details). In any event, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt here. -More to the point, this card would have been one of the nicer vintage pulls condition-wise if it hadn't been for the tape residue. Most of the 50s cards I've seen from the DG site have been pretty rough. The corners centering on this one seem quite decent from the scan. It's too bad Topps doesn't have a "vault" of old pristine cards that it uses for the DG. I imagine Topps contracts with vendors for cards in bulk and doesn't care too much about the condition.
+1

While I can see this type of thing bringing a question...in this case I'd say it is a bit off base to do so...

(02-05-2012, 10:17 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Delivered on a Sunday?
So I guess no human has ever not gotten their mail on Saturday and instead retrieved Saturday's deliver on a Sunday? I would guess it happens quite often.

That sucks. I really hate that Topps didn't do any quality control on the cards used for the Diamond Giveaway, and similar for the Million Card Giveaway last year.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I received a '77 card from the giveaway that looked like it went through the wash. It went right in the trash. Most of the '70's cards I got from the giveaway looked as bad as the cards my brother and I had when we were dumb kids and treated them like poker cards.