`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!!

RE: I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!!
Plus, I'm really shocked that no one has said this yet, your picture was smaller.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-06-2012, 08:22 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Plus, I'm really shocked that no one has said this yet, your picture was smaller.
Are you trying to say "Size matters"?
Always interested in low #d parallel cards. Also collecting Mookie Wilson, Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden.

[Image: tHxLj.png]

There were several things wrong with your ad...

1) didn't have free shipping

2) starting price was too high. You want more people to mark the auction on their watch list, and then to hope of starting a bidding war.

3) Your description was not very noticeable, you need more bold type.

4) Your picture was tiny, you need the photos to be at lease same size as the original if not larger. I used to do magazine advertising and if the picture wasn't full size the returns were dismal. It didn't seem to matter if the whole picture wasn't shown.

5) Do your homework, cruse the auctions and see what is selling and for what, look at their presentation and mimic the successful ones.

The whole idea is when the listing first appears is to make the buyer say "Hey! I want that card!" and get them to add it to their watch list. That way they are looking at your auction over the next week and not someone else's.

Ray

I personally stay away Buy It Now offers.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Everything above, plus centering was a little better on the other card too.

I am going to tell you depends on the card as well. You can start a high price and if people really want it they will try to negociate with you. For me it just depends on the card as if you list it low you can't care for that card at all and not worry about where it sells at as most of your high bids will come in the final 10 seconds in some form of snipe bid. As I have seen cards at about $10.00 with less than a minute and it sell for $130.00.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I tend to list stuff with buy it nows just below what the last few have sold for. When I tried to list at 99 cents, some of the auctions would sell for quite a bit less than even 10 or 20 percent of BV.

So, I've gotten to where I end a lot of my auctions with 12 hours and 1 minute left. Or something close to that, especially if there's not many watchers because I don't want a $100 card to sell for $10.

Anyway that's just what I do.

(02-06-2012, 09:23 AM)neckababy1 Wrote: Are you trying to say "Size matters"?

Haha it sure does!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

Preventing international bidders also prevents me from bidding, which I would because I need this card for my set...
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!