Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!!
Rainbow 
I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JURICKSON-PROFAR..._500wt_922
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300659938602?ssP...500wt_1156
Mine's the one that didn't sell... go figure!
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

RE: I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!!
sell your card at a starting bid of $.99 and make the auction last 7 days......it will reach close to that
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

dont start your auction so high, scares people off.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

yeah, you get a ton more looks and hits from auctions and its always that way, not sure why
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(02-06-2012, 12:15 AM)giants1957 Wrote: sell your card at a starting bid of $.99 and make the auction last 7 days......it will reach close to that
or get sniped for 2 bucks lol
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

My thinking is that people don't bid on the auctions with the higher starting bid because they are hoping that they might get the card cheaper than the starting bid
[Image: 2013%20Ginter%20Signature_zpsraq8vd9t.jpg]

(02-06-2012, 12:16 AM)Krangry Wrote: dont start your auction so high, scares people off.
+1
(02-06-2012, 12:21 AM)clarkzac Wrote: My thinking is that people don't bid on the auctions with the higher starting bid because they are hoping that they might get the card cheaper than the starting bid
to me, its the bidding war what makes it interesting
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

I rarely sell cards on the bay... but have sold many other types of collectibles. I doubt cards are much different in general from what I sell, and ten years experience has proven to me over and over again one fact...

The .99 cent starting bid will almost ALWAYS beat out the same item with a higher starting bid that is set closer to the "expected" price...Now if the card is only worth 5 bucks...this does not apply so much, but for higher dollar stuff it is almost gospel to me...

more "watchers" early... usually = more bids late....

I was arguing this point with a close friend of mine that sells on Ebay....I had the chance to prove my point to him when I picked up a case of old unopened Sunoco quart oil cans....we picked out 2 cans that were almost identical as to condition....I listed mine for 99 cents/7 days...he listed his for an opening bid of 24.99 for 7 days....mine sold for just over 50 bucks...his sold for 37...both cans ran the same 7 days and ended the same night...

I always bid at .99 cents if its something I need for the PC but never if its anywhere near my maximum which on that card would have been 59.99 I like to bid around fifty percent of my final price and place my max at the end, it keeps the prices a little lower rather than everyone bidding to find my maximum--High price starts scare me off. I'm thinking I may be able to get this cheaper because nobody else sees it at the last minute. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

Also, he was offering free shipping. I know it doesn't sound like much considering your shipping costs are fair but some people like myself search by cards offering free shipping. I only do this so I know how much exactly I will be paying without having to add in the shipping costs. Just an opinion.
Always interested in low #d parallel cards. Also collecting Mookie Wilson, Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden.

[Image: tHxLj.png]