`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Vent

RE: Need to Vent
(01-26-2012, 03:43 PM)ceocards Wrote: It's a pain in the rear to remove to get the card out. I often have to use scissors or a knife because you can't remove the tape. Even being careful, it's easy to nick the card with whatever tool you're using.
I fold a small post-it over the top of the toploader and and then tape over the post-it. I fold the end of the tape under itself creating an easy tab to pull on. Tape and post it peels right off and the toploader is none the worse for wear.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

(01-26-2012, 03:53 PM)zeprock Wrote: I fold a small post-it over the top of the toploader and and then tape over the post-it. I fold the end of the tape under itself creating an easy tab to pull on. Tape and post it peels right off and the toploader is none the worse for wear.
no problem with that

In response to ceocards' post.

1. The card will not move around if you use the appropriate size toploader. The trick is to tape both sides of the toploader tightly instead of putting the tape on loosely where the card can stick to the tape.

2. I use a small amount of tape so it is not difficult to remove. I agree that it can be a pain to remove a card from a toploader when soemone uses an excessive amount of tape on a toploader. You wont nick a card aslong as youre careful.

3. Again, tape doesnt bend or twist a card. An impatient person does.

I use all new toploaders for my pc cards and used the ones I receive to ship cards out to traders since most people will use new ones themselves.

Tape on toploaders does not ruin cards. It insures that the card doesnt fall out of the toploader while in transit.

(01-26-2012, 03:53 PM)zeprock Wrote: I fold a small post-it over the top of the toploader and and then tape over the post-it. I fold the end of the tape under itself creating an easy tab to pull on. Tape and post it peels right off and the toploader is none the worse for wear.
Obviously much better that tape directly on toploader.

But I will say not all scotch/cellophane tape is created equal. I've received trades using the 'foldover' method where the tape basically disintegrated when I pulled on the tab and still had to end up using scissors/knife to get it open.

Best bet is to save the tape for Christmas presents...100 team bags costs about the same as a roll or two of scotch tape and solves all of the related problems.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Team Bags FTW!
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

I had to wait on my shipment of team bags to get to me, in the mean time I was using scotch tape until I got in in my packages and had issues getting my cards out of the mess. So I bought a roll of painters tape the blue kind and it is so much better. Now I am using team bags because that's how I like to get mine. Easy and clean.
As for the feedback mess. What a $&&@0@$ ! I hope you will up them as a do not trade in your sig. I do. Ot want to trade Witt his person, and if you don't put it's the sig. The rest of us good traders may end up in the same situation. I screwed up trade a few times. I always say i am sorry keep the cards that were wrong and mail out the right ones. That is the fair decent and honest thing to do! I don't use any other sites to trade on because of the rip offs thieves I have delt within the past. I like this site because you do have to have money to trade a lot, and figure there are less thieves on here.

I have to say I'm bad about taping the toploader until recently. Got me a roll of painters tape and it comes off really easy so I can tape the toploader, then put it in a team bag and tape the team bag... I know, I'm pretty anal when it comes to shipping. And I've sent the wrong card I believe 3 times in different trades but I always MORE than make up for it with extra cards, letting them keep the wrong card and one time I even threw in a 5 spot to refund their shipping.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

This is exactly what I mean. People say there is no feedback hostage or retaliation. They are wrong. Because it exist. Its ashameful that you can't be honest because someone will play dirty. I feel you man. 100% This is just wrong.

My idea was- Beckett should redo their feedback system. They shouldn't show feedback until both parties have received.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Thanks for commiserating with me. Like I said, almost all of the trades I've done on here go as smoothly as possible. Even the few that weren't perfect, it's usually an honest mistake and the trader is cool about it and makes right. It seems kind of obvious, but I guess some people don't get it.

As far as 'outing' this trader, just check my feedback page and it should be pretty clear.

I will never trade with this guy over this. Glad someone was nice enought to point out how to see who it is. Just go look at your feedback and see who left you that crap. And I maybe they will not care if I don't want to trade with them, but good traders tend to stick together. And as long as we do that it weeds out the trash. It is a major violation to hostage feedback IMO